Desperate Radio Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure, I'll give all my rpo from glovebox

View attachment 199322

Same system as Ben's truck. He was sure he has the center speaker too. I have the RPOs from another '09 that is the same as the both of yours. Mine is very similar, only difference is mine does not have rear DVD players. Better check mine out now too! Either I'm not reading them right or the shop manuals do not show this configuration. No biggie though.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same system as Ben's truck. He was sure he has the center speaker too. I have the RPOs from another '09 that is the same as the both of yours. Mine is very similar, only difference is mine does not have rear DVD players. Better check mine out now too! Either I'm not reading them right or the shop manuals do not show this configuration. No biggie though.
Haha, I physically touched my center speaker today to be sure, and it's there. I wonder what is different from my system to the Denali that has the RPO Y91. I love technical details and this one stumps me, lol

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha, I physically touched my center speaker today to be sure, and it's there. I wonder what is different from my system to the Denali that has the RPO Y91. I love technical details and this one stumps me, lol

Pretty sure Y91 includes the smart amp. If you had a Tech2, you could query the amp, it is its own module. I know for sure mine has the dumb amp, it cannot be talked to by the Tech2 and I've seen it, it's about half the size of the other one. It's was raining today and these old bones didn't want to go outside and check.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No center speaker on mine, not even the grill. Dash Mat went on right after purchase and forgot what was under there! Maybe you fellas do have the larger amp.

Someday take a picture of it when you're cleaning out the french fries and crayons and post it up for us!

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No center speaker on mine, not even the grill. Dash Mat went on right after purchase and forgot what was under there! Maybe you fellas do have the larger amp.

Someday take a picture of it when you're cleaning out the french fries and crayons and post it up for us!

I will get in there soon to see what amp it is. I would really like to know why I have 10 speakers, just like my buddy's 09 denali, but my RPO tag does not have Y91 on it, haha.

OP
OP
Ben Hinz

Ben Hinz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: After a few days of having the CORRECT nose speaker in the door, I haven’t had any sound issues. No rising volume, no popping, nothing. As of yet anyway. I’m really hoping that this is the answer. All of these issues did start around the time that speaker blew out and I threw a regular GM speaker in there (Not knowing they were different)

Thoughts?

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
UPDATE: After a few days of having the CORRECT nose speaker in the door, I haven’t had any sound issues. No rising volume, no popping, nothing. As of yet anyway. I’m really hoping that this is the answer. All of these issues did start around the time that speaker blew out and I threw a regular GM speaker in there (Not knowing they were different)

Thoughts?

Interesting.... but not convinced, yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter