Depreciation!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as you buy the base Tahoe or yukon you are good. The Denali and Escalade don’t hold their value. Aren’t in the top 3 of ‘luxury full size’ suvs on KBB...and they own luxury full size.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cannot believe how bad these trucks depreciate! I owned a few preowned Escaldes and even a Denali so I am well aware of how they drop! BUT I purchased a 2017 Luxury last December and have been watching the market and am SHOCKED by how bad this body style is retaining its value! I am truly blown away!
The only Cadillac that is still worth over $20-35,000(for the later v-series) and is 10-15 years old is the XLR sports car.

after every major storms the value of used cars goes up slightly(increased demand for another car)

the cash for klunkers took 677,081 used cars off the road just like the recent fires in California had burned out a lot of cars.

I noticed onces the fires started the prices jumped on used vehicles.. by $1,000 to $1500.

Last edited:

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Newest generation of GM SUV's are so outlandishly priced, the only way for them to go, is not just depreciate, but nosedive.

Last new Truck I bought has held it's value somewhat decent (F150 Ecoboost CC 4x4) however, I told my wife i'm DONE
buying BRAND New vehicles, and that's why I went looking for a super clean 2nd Gen Tahoe. The GM motors in the earlier (can't speak for newer) generations were built simpler, and easier to maintain a lifelong product if you kept it clean, and maintained. Kill the motors, replace them with a dime a dozen in boneyards everywhere in America.

Rebuild the transmissions in a weekend. Today's Denali XL and Escalades are pushing $100,000 Condo prices (Positive cash flow), and no SUV is a good investment at those prices. I'd rather buy a used $100,000 exotic vehicle which will at least hold it's value in the realm of that range.

There's no vehicle that has anything remotely close to $30,000 in "Accessories" from base price Value to me. I can't speak for everyone, so that's an opinion. However, they're financing the hell out of them to people going in over their heads.
Hence, an LS Suburban fits the bill. Only two options I have are the safety package and the 4x4.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC