Denali with no pano roof

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Infinus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My ordered vehicle is built. Just saw the window sticker. Dealer did not include the roof in my order. We will discuss this at length very soon....

My question is to anyone without the roof, is the interior really dark?

Luckily, I ordered the teak/light shale. I am in FL for 9 months out of the year so I would probably use it sparingly with the intense sun/heat for several of those months. Real bummer.
Might not be a factor for you but one thing to realize is that with the pano roof the AC vents get pushed to the side. This is not ideal if you have have a bench with a middle passenger or car seats for kids. Without the pano roof the vents are located in a better position for the kids.

OP
OP
A

altona

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered from a high volume local dealer and got a $6300. discount from MSRP. Fees were $899 which are normal for Florida. They also offer an extra $1000. rebate if you finance through GM source. Must borrow at least $20,000 and make a minimum of 6 payments at their standard rate. Have not signed anything yet so unless the contract shows a prepayment penalty for less than 6 payments I will only make one payment.

Had a long talk with the former GSM about the missing Pano roof. Seems I am not the only one this month with a mis-build, ie missing options. There were 2 other recent customer ordered sold units that had the similar fate. Must of had something to do with the 2 day shutdown on my TPW of 2/7. GM's "just in time" parts procurement just cannot handle even a minor interuption. This dealer cannot order any more Yukons as he has more orders than allocations for most of the '22 model year. So, I am going to have to take my mis-build and like it for 6 months, at least.

david1523

Reaction score
I just got my Denali with the same interior, no sunroof. I went pretty dark on my tint and during the day its not dark at all inside. The light shale is really light I don't think you'll have any problems.

My wife's car had a pano sunroof that we used probably twice, on the third time it ended up breaking and the repair bill was not cheap. It's personal preference but I wouldn't lose a vehicle over it, specially right now!

OP
OP
A

altona

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a super deal on it. Will enjoy it for 6 months and decide what, if anything, I will do next.

gregus733

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I open the sunshade at night when I head to my cabin.
For me it is worth it. Then again I fully open maybe a few times last year.

I prefer the glass roof more than fully open. My wife barely even opens the shade in her Lexus.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never had a sunroof and usually ask if it can be closed when riding in others' cars. Don't like them for aesthetic reasons plus they are a source of creaks leaks and rattles. Don't get me started on retractable running boards and 22" wheels or other doodads of the devil.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never had a sunroof and usually ask if it can be closed when riding in others' cars. Don't like them for aesthetic reasons plus they are a source of creaks leaks and rattles. Don't get me started on retractable running boards and 22" wheels or other doodads of the devil.
They also reduce the max payload of your vehicle. With the large pano-sunroofs, that's a lot of glass and significantly heavier than having that area filled with sheetmetal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17