Denali picked up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Glisella

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up a CPO 2018 Yukon Denali yesterday, ultimate package.

Still have my 08 XL Denali so I'll need to watch both forums now.

Immediate mods are a black mesh grill, new rims (wife wants black or the machined darker OEM rims, not the chrome snowflakes) and AFM delete.

Can anyone recommend the best AFM delete for OBD port, I've seen Range, DiabloSport and others but I have no idea which is best. Not looking to do a full time, just get rid of AFM.

20210402_125424.jpg

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice!! Excellent choice!

dang74

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Now purchase, how much will you sell rims for?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score

Immediate mods are a black mesh grill, new rims (wife wants black or the machined darker OEM rims, not the chrome snowflakes) and AFM delete.

Can anyone recommend the best AFM delete for OBD port, I've seen Range, DiabloSport and others but I have no idea which is best. Not looking to do a full time, just get rid of AFM.

View attachment 275202

Nice!

I just purchased and installed a range AFM delete module for my wife’s ‘15 Yukon. It was pretty spendy and afterwards I heard of an alternative method for much less, but for the life of me I can’t remember!

The Range does what it’s supposed to do, but apparently you’re supposed to disconnect it whenever the truck is off (in case it drains battery). I just left the truck sit for a few days outside and forgot to remove it, but it started right up. Normally, a battery tender is religiously attached, so I leave the Range AFM module connected all the time.

OP
OP
Glisella

Glisella

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now purchase, how much will you sell rims for?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Not sure if I'll sell them, depends on the rims I get. If I buy brand new then I'll keep these for the lovely NY winters. If I buy used then I might sell them, or I'd even trade for the ones my wife wants if someone has the ones she likes and wanted these.

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good.

Can anyone recommend the best AFM delete for OBD port

They all do pretty much the same thing. If all you are looking for is to plug into the OBD port to disable, the Range device does what it's supposed to do. I don't even remember if there are any others that do it.

If you plan to get a handheld programmer, then go for one that enables you to custom tune to wake the truck up. I went with DiabloSport tuner with DiabLew tune since I already had the programmer for my Silverado. Just bought an additional license and then the tune.

BlackBear seems to be the favorite choice around here for custom tunes. I'm sure their tune works just as good too.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 275202
I don't know why you wouldn't do a tune with the AFM delete. You don't have to go nute, just "fine tune" to your liking.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Nice ride on the CPO 18! Welcome (again). What’s the comparison on the 08 6SP to the 18 triple clutch pack 10SP trans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romeroman64