Denali Passenger Side Mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

Pointer 21

Reaction score
Good afternoon gurus - I'm apparently challenged at this part ordering thing.

Can anyone confirm the difference in glass in the rockauto link below?

Also, my glass is functioning fine - It just doesn't stay in the housing connected to the actuator (Potentially damaged as to the back plastic piece MAYBE).

Would you guys think I need the glass at all or is there an alternative route I should consider?

OP
OP
P

Pointer 21

Reaction score
If it was mine, I pull mirror out and see what is broke you might be able to glue part that's broke.
That would seem logical..HA HA! I've got too many projects (on top of work) going on at the moment and a terrible habit of trying to order ALL PARTS before the weekend when I have time to figure out what the heck is going on and rushing to install.

It baffles me how much parts cost (in general but particularly the Denali) and the headache of ordering the RIGHT parts...plenty of roadblocks there. Preaching to the choir; however, this forum is VALUABLE and I appreciate everyone's input. I Suppose I could crack the mirror and risk being mirrorless for awhile on my daily driver.

Amaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would seem logical..HA HA! I've got too many projects (on top of work) going on at the moment and a terrible habit of trying to order ALL PARTS before the weekend when I have time to figure out what the heck is going on and rushing to install.

It baffles me how much parts cost (in general but particularly the Denali) and the headache of ordering the RIGHT parts...plenty of roadblocks there. Preaching to the choir; however, this forum is VALUABLE and I appreciate everyone's input. I Suppose I could crack the mirror and risk being mirrorless for awhile on my daily driver.
Does the mirror still work? Try some 3M double sided tape as a temporary fix

fastscirocco

Reaction score
I've poked around doing research; however, I'm unclear as to exactly what I need to repair a 2012 passenger side mirror:

While backing up the mirror was damaged bending the entire housing to the the outside (opposite to folding inward as designed). The glass itself is not broken but the mounts on the backside of the glass for fitment and tilting need replacing.

The housing is ok and folds inward properly....so from what I gather I THINK I really only need an actuator motor and glass (at the most)?

The mirror has side blide zone alert, tilting, etc (All standard for a 2012 except the an upgraded blind side addition that wasn't standard back in 2012).

Any suggestions on what is needed here? I've read up on gruven and the need to do extra work to customize the motor components. I've also looked into entire OEM assemblies..............$$$$ and likely not necessary (I hope)...

I am replacing the passenger's side mirror on my 2014 GMC yukon XL Denali because my Mom hit a tree.
The plastic outside is broken but the rest may be helpful for you if you want it.

OP
OP
P

Pointer 21

Reaction score
I am replacing the passenger's side mirror on my 2014 GMC yukon XL Denali because my Mom hit a tree.
The plastic outside is broken but the rest may be helpful for you if you want it.
Just seeing this....Do you still have the mirror?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC