Denali ordering issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do dealers already have allocation for 2022 yet? I placed a deposit for the order but if they don’t have any allocation and they keep me waiting for 2 months I don’t think that’s fair. The sales person told me that the order has already been preliminary accepted by GM. Now that it can possibly be a 2022 I am probably going to be hit with a price increase. I mentioned to my sales man that since they didn’t have allocation for 2021 and now it has rolled over to 2022 it has to be re-entered. He said that’s what his sales manager thinks and they are going to contact the GM rep and let me know. I just think it’s very misleading to tell me that they have allocation and the order was preliminary accepted to find out that it’s something else

The sad fact is that many salespeople (and dealers) don't understand how allocation actually works. Your dealer gets X allocations per year, evenly distributed by month... and the number of allocations are based on previous year sales. If your dealer doesn't sell many, they won't get much for allocation

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, my local Chevy Cadillac dealer has 27 orders for C8 corvettes, and his allocation is one a month. So you can see how long those customers are willing to wait....

kcb14214

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2022 orders don’t start until October 4, I doubt anyone has any allocations for 2022. Orders for 2021 end next week. Unfortunately you probably have to wait for a 22’. I would keep the deposit with your dealer if you like them and say u want their first 2022 allocation for order.
Dealer cancelled my may order for a 21 denali today. Said i can order a 22 in October.

Campingfamco

Reaction score
Honestly if your dealer doesn’t know this you need to find a new dealer. I have ordered many cars and without allocation your order goes nowhere. It’s key to find a big dealer with lots of allocation.

I’ve been using the same dealer here in Denver because they understand constraints and the ordering process better than most in my opinion, at least for GMC. When we ordered our 21 Denali we put the order in around October and took delivery in December.

We’re now ordering an HD truck and the GM got with me and told me exactly which options would hold me back so I new what to do. I was able to order a 3500 Denali fully loaded other than one small item and it went to 2000 instantly and within a few days it’s at 3000 and scheduled to be built in August, even with the factory slow downs. Others have been waiting for 6 months without GM even accepting their order.

So in short, make sure you find the right dealer that does volume. Generally they’ll have allocation.

ruise

Reaction score
Spoke with my dealer today. The ability to order a 2021 has not ended. However, the dealer must have available allocations in order to submit an order that will get accepted.

CougarCruiser

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Spoke with my dealer today. The ability to order a 2021 has not ended. However, the dealer must have available allocations in order to submit an order that will get accepted.

Has your order been accepted by GMC? If it's not passed through initial intake, it's likely you will not be allocated a 2021.

ruise

Reaction score
Has your order been accepted by GMC? If it's not passed through initial intake, it's likely you will not be allocated a 2021.
My order was built earlier this month. I was just inquiring if the 2021's have been cutoff. The dealer says he ordered one yesterday or today and it was accepted. It was an AT4

Dez78n

Reaction score
Honestly if your dealer doesn’t know this you need to find a new dealer. I have ordered many cars and without allocation your order goes nowhere. It’s key to find a big dealer with lots of allocation.

I’ve been using the same dealer here in Denver because they understand constraints and the ordering process better than most in my opinion, at least for GMC. When we ordered our 21 Denali we put the order in around October and took delivery in December.

We’re now ordering an HD truck and the GM got with me and told me exactly which options would hold me back so I new what to do. I was able to order a 3500 Denali fully loaded other than one small item and it went to 2000 instantly and within a few days it’s at 3000 and scheduled to be built in August, even with the factory slow downs. Others have been waiting for 6 months without GM even accepting their order.

So in short, make sure you find the right dealer that does volume. Generally they’ll have allocation.
Would you mind sharing what the constraints were?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu