Denali feels low on power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blazzinbird

Reaction score
So my wife is the main driver if the Denali. She was telling me it feels low on power. There is no check engine lights, air filter is good. It does have 172k miles in it. Im thinking it is time for wires and plugs to be done. Is there anything else I should consider? trans fluid is a nice red color right now, so not to worried bout that

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this decline in power a sudden drop or just a slow fade? I would definitely look at new plugs and wires. Maybe run some injector cleaner and check you fuel pressure?

OP
OP
blazzinbird

blazzinbird

Reaction score
I will check all that. She told me while driving on the interstate she turns off the a/c so the truck doesnt have to downshift going up the small hill.

02Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clean you mass air flow sensor, maybe some new 02 sensors? How old are they?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is why it's good to baseline a vehicle at the drag strip once a year or so! LOL Maybe she's gotten used to the power and wants more? Maybe the cam lobes are worn down...

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
one thing to consider beside's doing all the intake cleaning, injector cleaning, plugs and wires, is it is summertime so there is going to be less gittyup out the gate versus wintertime or fall when it's cooler out. might want to give the radiator a flush too just for good measure, and check your tire pressure.

randyg

Reaction score
Is there a recommended time for plugs and wires (not shown in the book on my 2011 Yukon).?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442