Denali Console Sub

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cruz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
After picking up, cleaning and installing my 99 Denali console, I wanted to use the built in sub in the console. I don’t care to have everyone in my neighborhood listing to what I currently have in the cd player and I didn’t want to loose cargo space with a sub box, but I did want some good sounding lows while I am tooling around the back roads here in Washington.
The Bose sub in the console is in the perfect place and fires to the front. I did manage to find the wiring diagrams for the Bose system for the 99 Denali and tried to make the Bose amp work with the aftermarket double din head unit I have installed… no luck… I did find that Rockford Fosgate has a compact amp PBR300X1 300 Watt BRT Mono Amplifier that works perfect. The Bose sub is a duel voice coil 2ohm unit. The amp can be mounted in the same space that the BCM used to occupy. Hope this can help someone else wanting to use the sub instead of throwing it away as most do with the console conversion…….

Monstar_est87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its not gonna work... U would have had to pull the harness bose stereo and a couple of other do dads... But sorry to break it to u... But its not gonna hook up 2 ur rig... *but thats just what I heard... Edited with foot in mouf...

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Cruz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Oh but it is..... And works very well thank you..... The mono amp is wired to the sub out on my head unit via rca....... from the amp to the bose sub.... Out put to the sub amp is managed by the head unit......

nate3531

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Oh but it is..... And works very well thank you..... The mono amp is wired to the sub out on my head unit via rca....... from the amp to the bose sub.... Out put to the sub amp is managed by the head unit......

So you are using an aftermarket amp and the factory sub? Do you have any specs for the sub? Like how much power it needs and such

OP
OP
C

Cruz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That information is in the first post with the part number for the amp.
Rockford Fosgate PBR300X1 300 Watt BRT Mono Amp
Sub is a Duel voice coil 2 ohm unit. The main reason for the amp choice was size. i wanted it to fit INSIDE the console in the space the old bose amp fit in. The amp has more than enough power to drive the sub... it may even be a bit much... but that is what the gain control is for.....

Last edited:

nate3531

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That information is in the first post with the part number for the amp.
Rockford Fosgate PBR300X1 300 Watt BRT Mono Amp
Sub is a Duel voice coil 2 ohm unit. The main reason for the amp choice was size. i wanted it to fit INSIDE the console in the space the old bose amp fit in. The amp has more than enough power to drive the sub... it may even be a bit much... but that is what the gain control is for.....

Actually I was asking for specs on the sub not the amp, when I mentioned the amp it was more of a statement than question. Sorry for the confusion.

On the sub, what size is it, is it vented or sealed, up firing down firing sideways. Sorry I was not more specific with my questions the first time. Basically I know what I want personally, and I'm curious if this will be good for me if I can find one.

OP
OP
C

Cruz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There is very little information on the Bose systems in general. The best information that I have been able to acquire about the Bose Sub box is it is a sealed unit that has 2 small ports that face forward on the left and right in this particular configuration. (I have not disassembled the unit to see what is inside. When I find a second unit I will) it fires forward towards the heater box/ firewall. It is a Duel Voice Coil, 2 Ohm unit. I have not be able to track down the wattage of the unit but the 300 watt amp drives it just fine….Small and compact and true to Bose, good sound from a small package…… remember this is NOT 15” sub speaker that rattles the license plates of the car next to you… but you do feel it in the seats when the music is turned up….. With the sub being up front and center it is in the best area to get good quality sound. I have component speakers in the front doors and 2 rear doors…. But the rears are there just for fill now……. These are not my images… if you would like to see what I have done I can pull the top off of my console when I get home from work

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 103
  • !B16,hYQBWk~$(KGrHqN,!i0E)sQjrKIdBMg(Zel4i!~~_12.jpg
    !B16,hYQBWk~$(KGrHqN,!i0E)sQjrKIdBMg(Zel4i!~~_12.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 88

nate3531

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That actually sounds exactly like what I want. Just to fill out the bottom sound stage so I can enjoy my music. I don't want or need earth shaking bass nor the loss of cargo that goes with that much sound.

I may still build a console from scratch with a 10" sub unless I find one of these pretty cheap.

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many screws do you need to loosen and where are they in order to take the console off like that? Do you happen to have a diagram or something to guide me? I want to take the rear panel off to apply sound deadener. I also want to disable my Bose sub.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
The sub is not DVC. It is a strange looking little speaker with just one voice coil. Here is what it looks like inside. I wired it up to work years ago when I added the Denali console to my suburban. It was pretty easy. Sounded decent for the little thing it is. The newer Bose subs are DVC, this is not. You can also take it apart. It isn't sealed permanently. It just has a bunch of screws and a little gasket.

2536d1240834196-installing-bose-subwoofer-jeep-picture_069.jpg