Denali Cluster with Heads Up Display

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RB_Trucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed a Yukon Denali cluster and HUD unit in my 2015.5 Yukon SLT this weekend. The cluster had to be programmed to my vehicle and to enable HUD functionality. I created a custom wiring harness as the only way to add those connections is through swapping the I/P harness. The rest was just swapping parts.

791233b293999fad85c81287712e10ed.jpg

935e44fed9e63a9c7b2a59ac4b1ba1fc.jpg

eff445e1ea4ac48e0f8d5c60ca77a68f.jpg

8f2932481721de3a43f455e2b3cb5c1c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love this post! Would love to do this to my 2019 LT Suburban...

Quick questions? I tried researching as much as I could and couldn’t find anything...

I have the forward collision alert with the HUD that only flashes red on the windshield. For this conversion would I only need the Cluster, switches and The harness you mention ? Or would it be all plug and play from WAM ?

thanks again

Page1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have you had any luck? I'm trying to do the same thing to my 2016 Yukon Denali. I have all the parts except for the connection from my cluster is different than the OEM HUD projector because mine came with the front collision alert.

@GMJay - i have successfully upgraded my forward collision in my '15 Yukon Denali to HUD (Thanks to @cmatt and others) - I am 99% there - I have data being displayed (Default view), i believe I will need WAM to program the cluster to get the other views. I would highly recommend the custom harness, will make your life a lot easier. Also, getting HUD windshield makes a night and day difference.

Page1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I love this post! Would love to do this to my 2019 LT Suburban...

Quick questions? I tried researching as much as I could and couldn’t find anything...

I have the forward collision alert with the HUD that only flashes red on the windshield. For this conversion would I only need the Cluster, switches and The harness you mention ? Or would it be all plug and play from WAM ?

thanks again
The FWD collision (flashing red lights) is not a HUD, just LEDs. You would need:
- HUD
- Denali cluster (programmed by WAMS)
- Custom harness
- HUD control
- new driver side vent with hole for HUD control

This is a good place to start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris aiosa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The FWD collision (flashing red lights) is not a HUD, just LEDs. You would need:
- HUD
- Denali cluster (programmed by WAMS)
- Custom harness
- HUD control
- new driver side vent with hole for HUD control

This is a good place to start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi I’ve got a 2020 Tahoe rst edition looking to do this upgrade. I have found most of the parts not purchased yet but do they make a Tahoe digital cluster so it’s blue? Also anyone know how to make this custom harness for The hud display and what parts need to be change out to fit it?

Chris aiosa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi I’ve got a 2020 Tahoe rst edition looking to do this upgrade. I have found most of the parts not purchased yet but do they make a Tahoe digital cluster so it’s blue? Also anyone know how to make this custom harness for The hud display and what parts need to be change out to fit it?
@cmatt any help?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu