Denali Cluster with Heads Up Display

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smittyrx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Yukon Denali without the hud and am interested in adding it. Do I have to buy another cluster and have it programmed to the specific hud? Or is that only for adding the hud and cluster to trucks? I would imagine there would still need to be programming done for the hud to work with my cluster.

OP
OP
C

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Yukon Denali without the hud and am interested in adding it. Do I have to buy another cluster and have it programmed to the specific hud? Or is that only for adding the hud and cluster to trucks? I would imagine there would still need to be programming done for the hud to work with my cluster.

You won’t need to buy another cluster. It’s my understanding you will need the Denali cluster programmed to have the HUD feature enabled in it. You don’t have to program the HUD unit itself.

GMJay

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have you had any luck? I'm trying to do the same thing to my 2016 Yukon Denali. I have all the parts except for the connection from my cluster is different than the OEM HUD projector because mine came with the front collision alert.

OP
OP
C

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you had any luck? I'm trying to do the same thing to my 2016 Yukon Denali. I have all the parts except for the connection from my cluster is different than the OEM HUD projector because mine came with the front collision alert.

You won’t use that connector with the HUD. It will take a custom harness. @pgamboa can make them. You’ll also need a usb cable. I can give you the part number if needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jpcortese

Reaction score
The cluster and the HUD are two different mods/parts. The cluster has to be programmed for your truck and for the HUD to work.
The center of the Denali instrument cluster is an 8" screen. You can choose between 3 different "modes".
This thread is more detailed and has way mpre info http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?/topic/199229-HUD-in-Silverado/Sierra

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Sorry if this is an ignorant question but how do you switch between the 3 different modes on the Denali instrument cluster? I can't seem to find it in the owners manual. Which mode do you like the most?

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jpcortese, page 155, also for quick reference look at the index in the back of the manual.

OP
OP
C

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted to update you guys. My windshield got a rock chip that ran across it. I was able to get the glass shop to order an HUD spec windshield for replacement. The ghosting is gone. The display is much clearer now. Pics don’t do it justice.

885b5ba32891e37ec1495287b72fd659.jpg

f17feed2a69e695bd97a11461c275234.jpg

Here was a before shot
a8fc77a42c7002259d1f9d7e9d94f375.jpg

Tiki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@cmatt your my hero lol. While researching Cluster swap information I came across this. Excellent information as usual.

OP
OP
C

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@cmatt your my hero lol. While researching Cluster swap information I came across this. Excellent information as usual.

Lol, thanks man. I try!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep