Delayed shifting after throttle body cleaning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TruckME

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have cleaned my throttle body and the MAF sensor couple of weeks ago. After the cleaning my 2013 Yukon is not shifting gears as before. It is like it hesitates the shift itself. I haven't had any codes. Also the car idles normally. Any ideas what it could be?

Thanks

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Did you leave on the engine and open the flap repeatedly on the throttle body? Is a drive by wire set up and if not broken completely, I have heard it takes a while to relearn.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After cleaning the TB you will want to do an idle RELEARN procedure.
You can do it with a diagnostic scanner or even without one.
Just search it on the web for GM DBW throttle relearn

OP
OP
T

TruckME

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
After cleaning the TB you will want to do an idle RELEARN procedure.
You can do it with a diagnostic scanner or even without one.
Just search it on the web for GM DBW throttle relearn
Yes I did the relearn... Leaving the engine to idle for 3 minutes then turn it off for 1 minute and turn it on for 3 minutes.after that I drove it on the highway for some time. Maybe I take it to a mechanic to do the relearn with a diagnostic scanner.
Thanks a lot

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yes I did the relearn... Leaving the engine to idle for 3 minutes then turn it off for 1 minute and turn it on for 3 minutes.after that I drove it on the highway for some time. Maybe I take it to a mechanic to do the relearn with a diagnostic scanner.
Thanks a lot
Is there "anything" else you had done that you have not shared, so we know all that was done?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The reason I asked about whether you took the throttle body off, you did not answer that, is that if you have a drive by wire set up, take off the throttle body to allow for cleaning on the backside of the throttle plate without opening that plate. You would replace the throttle body seal at same time. Then the likelihood of the problems you are having now are close to nil. I hope this problem works out. Sorry if I sound snippy but I hate when a problem is asked about and all that happened before the problem is not shared.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The reason I asked about whether you took the throttle body off, you did not answer that, is that if you have a drive by wire set up, take off the throttle body to allow for cleaning on the backside of the throttle plate without opening that plate. You would replace the throttle body seal at same time. Then the likelihood of the problems you are having now are close to nil. I hope this problem works out. Sorry if I sound snippy but I hate when a problem is asked about and all that happened before the problem is not shared.

I thought all 07-14 were DBW?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC