Def Fluid pumps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just FYI. My dealer specifically mentioned they did not recommend using the DEF pumped at truck stops. Not sure if the OTR tractors use a different formula or what but they recommended only use individual jugs from a recognized brand.
The recommendation didn't have anything todo with the DEF being different, they are the same... Or the dealer doesn't know what they are talking about. Either very possible.

The baby DMax requires a specific DEF, its API certified or ISO. 22241 which is basically every DEF in a jug and all of them being sold in bulk. DEF does go old, it doesn't like heat and it freezes when it's cold. The benefit of bulk DEF is that they go through a pile of it, that material is turned over quick vs a jug which could be old (they have date codes, you can check them before you purchase).

To fill or not to fill the tank. There isn't a reason to have a full tank of DEF beyond convenience, nothing bad occurs to a partially full DEF tank (it's already mostly water, full doesn't help you). I put 15k miles on per year on both the baby diesels, I dump in 5 gallons when they get low; so far so good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhmjr