Dedicated Wheeler/Family Oriented Overlander

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SLAVENS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What's up everyone!

The F*ing new guy here with a newbie question.

I came out of back to back Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited's and did a lot of wheeling a lot of cool trips however since getting re-married i now have a family of 5 and needed the room and i picked up an 2008 Z71 Suburban 4X4.

Here's my question to you guys- On the 1500 platform is it worth investing time and money into making this an overlander? Is the running gear solid? I've just never really owned something so used and it runs great to be honest so really my fear is just in that once we got some 33's/35's on it and locked up the rear and added weight to it with gear and people can you this chassis hold up? suspension?

I am sure there's no clear answer but if you have some experience your opinion is highly appreciated.

thesub.jpg

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Nice ride! How many miles? What G codes are on the RPO sticker in the glove box. And yes, that beast will do whatever your want it to if your set her up right.

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the g80 is ok and will hold up under normal conditions (I have broken a couple beating on them hard) the eaton detroit is beefier, just my .02 and honest opinion.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
3.73 rear with the Eaton G80 locker.

You can get you full build sheet here :

https://www.gm.com/site-help/contact-us/chat-with-us.html

During business hours select: question about a vehicle I already own. Give them your VIN and ask for the RPO build sheet.

Pretty sure you have to have a free account to get the chat button to show.

EDIT: and it's worth it! Got my build sheet early this week after requesting it on Saturday.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne