Deciding on 6" Lift Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickCG01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm currently running Supreme Suspensions 3" keys front/2" spacers rear with Bilstein 5100 shocks front and rear for my leveling kit, but I'm now looking to ditch the leveling kit altogether and going with a 6" lift kit.

The problem I am having is are there any 6" suspension lift kits that preferably do not increase the front track width greater than the rear?

I am trying to avoid having to get 2" wheel spacers for the rear to even out the track width with the front.

All help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Nick

zraffz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going out on a limb here but wouldn't any non torsion drop lift increase track width?

And why the opposition to running spacers? 40k miles on the cheapest alumniu ones I could find with zero issues.

OP
OP
NickCG01

NickCG01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My avatar pic is just a pic of my current leveled setup

As for wheel spacers, I've been talking to a few other guys I know, if I don't mind the look of the front track width being a little wider, I won't put the spacers on, but after discussions with my buddies, wheel spacers aren't bad, just wasn't preferred, just need to look at high quality bolt on ones

Fssredo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

As for wheel spacers, I've been talking to a few other guys I know, if I don't mind the look of the front track width being a little wider, I won't put the spacers on, but after discussions with my buddies, wheel spacers aren't bad, just wasn't preferred, just need to look at high quality bolt on ones
What's

And what's you leveling setup ? I want to do something similar with my 04 yukon

CamReynolds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm currently running Supreme Suspensions 3" keys front/2" spacers rear with Bilstein 5100 shocks front and rear for my leveling kit, but I'm now looking to ditch the leveling kit altogether and going with a 6" lift kit.

The problem I am having is are there any 6" suspension lift kits that preferably do not increase the front track width greater than the rear?

I am trying to avoid having to get 2" wheel spacers for the rear to even out the track width with the front.

All help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Nick
I don't think there are. The track increases in the front because of CV spacers from the lift. I'd just buy rear spacers with the lift.

zraffz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think there are. The track increases in the front because of CV spacers from the lift. I'd just buy rear spacers with the lift.
The CV spacers do not increase track width... The CV shafts bolt into the hub/knuckle assembly.

I needed to run front spacers because my 17" wheels did not clear the aftermarket steering knuckles with the non torsion drop kit.

CamReynolds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The CV spacers do not increase track width... The CV shafts bolt into the hub/knuckle assembly.

I needed to run front spacers because my 17" wheels did not clear the aftermarket steering knuckles with the non torsion drop kit.
oh nevermind then. i thought they had to space the axles

zraffz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh nevermind then. i thought they had to space the axles
They do space out the axles as the name implies but they are not the cause for increased wheel track width. The front differential is lowered in a 6" lift; the upper control arm remains in the factory location and the lower control arm is dropped a few inches down. The difference in height from the upper and lower control arm is made up using a taller steering knuckle.
20141221_141301.jpg

The above picture forces the steering knuckle out; increasing wheel track width. This in turn requires longer axles (which is done using these dinky plastic spacers that will leave you very skeptical lol)

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From forum searching and looking around, it seems to be stated that CST has the least amount of added track width, I also recall just reading a lift kit description the other day that stated no added track with up front. I will see if I can find who that was...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2