Decided to keep and now want info/recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Because I don't do my own work anymore I had a heck of a time finding a shop I trust to install my new chrome front bumper. Wanted me to buy their bumper. I finally had a brain fart and remembered a shop I used to run that I knew the owner really well and is a great guy. Talked to him yesterday. Dropping off next Monday.

He is going to have a tech I know personally replace the bumper, drain and fill both diffs, drain and fill transfer case, change the trans filter and flush the trans, oil change and replace the oil filter adapter seal. Is also going to install the Corvette trans servo too. Oh yea, brake fluid flush as well.

I supply all parts and fluids and get a discount on the labor price. He does do senior citizen and military discount but not on top of the labor discount in this case.

Then, what will I do with myself after doing all that I set out to do? I know, plan my trip to Idaho for a Black Bear visit.

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because I don't do my own work anymore I had a heck of a time finding a shop I trust to install my new chrome front bumper. Wanted me to buy their bumper. I finally had a brain fart and remembered a shop I used to run that I knew the owner really well and is a great guy. Talked to him yesterday. Dropping off next Monday.

He is going to have a tech I know personally replace the bumper, drain and fill both diffs, drain and fill transfer case, change the trans filter and flush the trans, oil change and replace the oil filter adapter seal. Is also going to install the Corvette trans servo too. Oh yea, brake fluid flush as well.

I supply all parts and fluids and get a discount on the labor price. He does do senior citizen and military discount but not on top of the labor discount in this case.

Then, what will I do with myself after doing all that I set out to do? I know, plan my trip to Idaho for a Black Bear visit.
The front bumpers are simple to install- 6 bolts total. I removed mine in my Denali and modified the mounts in order to raise it and reduce the grill to bumper gap. It was easy.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The rest of the fasteners are 3 different types of squeeze to release or 1/4 turn to release to swap the painted section and the lower fog light housing and grill removal.

The you tube I saw looks very easy.

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The rest of the fasteners are 3 different types of squeeze to release or 1/4 turn to release to swap the painted section and the lower fog light housing and grill removal.

The you tube I saw looks very easy.
Oh yeah, a Phillips head screwdriver and a flat head screwdriver for the grill and top plastic cover.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Had all work done yesterday: New front chrome section of the bumper, brake fluid flush, LOF, changed fluids in the transfer case, front diff and rear diff, trans service and installed the Corvette servo. Besides the obvious dent at the chrome bumper being gone, the biggest difference I noticed right away was that trans 2-3 shift. Big difference.

This rig now runs and sounds like a "stripped ass ape". Making plans for a 3 day weekend for a trip to Black Bear in April or May.

Now if I can just pry that pristine 2003 Suburban out of my tenant's hands I will have something else to start all over with.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Had all work done yesterday: New front chrome section of the bumper, brake fluid flush, LOF, changed fluids in the transfer case, front diff and rear diff, trans service and installed the Corvette servo. Besides the obvious dent at the chrome bumper being gone, the biggest difference I noticed right away was that trans 2-3 shift. Big difference.

This rig now runs and sounds like a "stripped ass ape". Making plans for a 3 day weekend for a trip to Black Bear in April or May.

Now if I can just pry that pristine 2003 Suburban out of my tenant's hands I will have something else to start all over with.

Nice work. What's LOF?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mldawson11