Decided against a 2/4 drop after lots of research- who wishes they had not dropped?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to add to the conversation... my 4/6 dropped Burb rides as good or better, depending on your preference, than stock and I also kept the auto leveling for the rearend.

View attachment 255132

Like Chris said, a 2/4 drop wouldn't be an issue if done properly.

But to each their own.

And you still have the same or more ground clearance than millions of factory stock sports cars, econoboxes and family sedans running the roads all over the nation with no problems.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot of people do a half ass incomplete job and do not take into account clearance and bump stops and shock travel. Those are the people that regret it typically.

If you leave the factory bump stops in place in the rear, or If you do not correct shock geometry with a 4" drop you are going to have a bad time.

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I disagree. Aesthetics is subjective. Better handling from lower center of gravity and better fuel economy from improved aerodynamics are two indisputable factors. Lowering could also serve the purpose of making entry and exiting easier for elderly, injured or handicapped passengers.

It all depends on what you want out of your vehicle. The factors listed above could very well be benefits to the vehicle and driver.

agreed since im one of them...

I can tell you I regret taking the lower out to do a lift level. As i get older and my mil disabilities affect me more and more plus jumping in and out of a lifted truck only makes it worse, i should of left the tahoe dropped cause it was so much better getting in and out of, my younger self likes off roading and lifts my older self ... not so much plus im tired of repairs of off road activities haha So its stock settings now and im going to just drop the rear since i dont have money for a full drop again haha ughh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labans