Debadged the Tahoe....my fingers are killing me!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rms25thta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My fingers are killing me!! I took all three Tahoe emblems, both LS decals and the chevrolet emblem off the Tahoe tonight. I wish I had one of those 3m wheels but I didn't. I know I did it the hard way but the job is done and it looks nice and clean. I was also having an issue with the door side molding because the chrome strip looked like crap. I pulled the chrome strip out and replaced it with nice new chrome molding I got from Autozone. The stock stuff was 1" wide but the stuff I put in was 3/4" wide, it actually looks better. I think I will go take some aleve now because I know my fingers are going to be killing me tomorrow.....but it was worth it. I will be posting some pics this coming week of my ride, it is the cleanest $6000 Tahoe you have seen.

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

Let me clarify the last sentence of my original post. I paid $6000 for this Tahoe and it was the dirtiest thing you have ever seen. I have spent over 30 hours in the past week on detailing this thing. Got it last Friday and it doesn't even look like the same truck now. A little elbow grease goes a long way.

NJ04HOE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your fingers will hurt for about a week and depending on how bad they are they may even blister....mine did but like you said it's worth it.
Congrats on the recent purchase

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was also having an issue with the door side molding because the chrome strip looked like crap.

Amen, mine looks like bubbled ass right now. I'm going to remove the pieces entirely, I think it will complement the step I have going on.

A little elbow grease goes a long way.

Amen again! I've spent more hours in the garage on random ass bs than I ever have!

Bring the pics on man~!

BPSS

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang guys, what are you doing to your fingers!? When I did mine I didnt have that much trouble. Is it cause of the heat?

OP
OP
R

rms25thta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because I am a dumb ass and didn't buy and eraser wheel. The black stuff is tough to get off. I was using 3m adhesive remover, a plastic razor blade (won't scratch the paint) and mu fingers to roll it off.

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

I will post some soon. I bought it from the original owners which were a retired couple that traveled quite a bit. They had the thing serviced at the dealer since new. The only thing is that his definition of washing the truck was going through the touchless car wash at the gas station and they had two small dogs that traveled with them. It didn't stink, it was just dirty inside. Lots of dog hair, and spills on the carpet. If I pulled it in the old owners driveway he wouldn't know it was the same vehicle. Many hours of washing, rubbing, wet sanding, polishing, buffing, shampooing the carpets and vacuuming but it looks great now. The best $6000 I have ever spent.

neloms

Reaction score
I never thought I'd spend as much time as I do cleaning and detailing my rig! :buffer: I debadged my Hoe right after I painted the grille bowtie black to match the truck. Definitely looks better. Let's see those pics! Do you have before and after shots?

DarkTahoe00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes lets see PICS! CONGRATS on the Hoe! What grit sand paper did you use on it?

klutch7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hot damn i hated doing this. I had an NBS silverado that I debadged. then I traded it for a '06 'hoe, which for some reason came without the badging. GM learned after 6+ years that theres a lot of people that dont like it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442