Dealers suck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ColeBlooded

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know; the dealer I bought 8 Chevys from was fantastic, fair, did business w/ me on a handshake. Only reason i didn't buy from him this time was that I wanted a GMC. The GMC dealer I bought my Yukon XL from was equally good. Was honest w/ me about where I was in line, kept me up to date when it was ordered, and secured it w/ a simple $1k (completely refundable deposit -- even offered that back to me if I wanted to finance 1k more, :); didn't do that of course). I have been back for service and they are more than competent.

Net, Dealer's don't all suck. Sometimes stuff happens. It's how they act after stuff that happens that matters.
The dealer i used was very good to me as well. No BS and no markups.

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The current market doesn't help dealers be better, it'll get worse before it gets better.

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The current market doesn't help dealers be better, it'll get worse before it gets better.
Doesn't help them how? According to most reports, they are making record profits despite the new car shortage.....

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As mentioned in another thread before.. Its only going to get worse.

Ford has already admitted this, and its likely GM and FCA will follow suit.

There will no longer be "dealer stock". There will be dealer demonstrators, and everything else is built to order.

In other words, no longer walking into the dealer to buy a vehicle, and driving it home the same day, unless its used.

EducatorDan

Reaction score
Honestly I'm OK with "order only" IF I can buy for MSRP and the order to delivery time is 6 to 8 weeks.

But I'm a picky motherf***** when it comes to what colors I want, what options I want, and what things I DON'T WANT. I've found my priorities are different from the average dealer who wants what he thinks he can sell to the next guy who walks in the door.

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't help them how? According to most reports, they are making record profits despite the new car shortage.....
Doesn't help the dealers be better in regards to customer service. It doesn't help as all the power is with the seller, when supply is restricted.

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will say I have had my fair share of dealer experiences. Few have done this exact crap to me, and I never would set foot there again. My most recent experience here in texas is the Sewell dealer chain. AMAZING hands down. I would call Sewell Caddy in grapevine and talk to a sales associate there and tell him what you want and they can probably find it pretty easily if your interested in pre owned. They do everything above and beyond. Its worth buying from them and get a 1 year old vehicle probably cheaper than new at the time since the market is adjusting.

grouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As mentioned in another thread before.. Its only going to get worse.

Ford has already admitted this, and its likely GM and FCA will follow suit.

There will no longer be "dealer stock". There will be dealer demonstrators, and everything else is built to order.

In other words, no longer walking into the dealer to buy a vehicle, and driving it home the same day, unless its used.

Pretty soon Ford will have different set ups for different dealers. Part of that will be NO negotiating and there will be fast chargers.

https://electrek.co/2022/09/14/ford-sets-new-dealers-requirements-in-order-to-sell-evs/

If this works out, you can bet GM, and probably Stellantis will follow.