Dealers Accepting under MSRP - Yukon Denali? (Texas or elsewhere?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We gave the dealer $35k cash down, no trade in for them to deal with and still paid over msrp. They flat out told me they were making $10k over on every car they sold. I got em down a little to $6k over but they made it pretty clear that if we didn't like paying over msrp, the next guy through the door would be happy to. And we did not want to order one and wait. Gotta pay to play in todays market.

This purchase is going to be with us at least 10 years and probably not even see 100K miles so it might still have a little value when we're ready for something else.

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

VAF84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We gave the dealer $35k cash down, no trade in for them to deal with and still paid over msrp. They flat out told me they were making $10k over on every car they sold. I got em down a little to $6k over but they made it pretty clear that if we didn't like paying over msrp, the next guy through the door would be happy to. And we did not want to order one and wait. Gotta pay to play in todays market.

This purchase is going to be with us at least 10 years and probably not even see 100K miles so it might still have a little value when we're ready for something else.
I agree with that, trying to find one at the lot for msrp is tough. Luckily, I’m the type that doesn’t mind waiting. One tends to make money/savings on the purchase, rather than the sale. I’d rather pay MSRP or less for a custom build, than paying extra for whatever I they have let. I get it though, sucks having to wait. I’m currently doing that for another vehicle.

Aemycod13

Reaction score
Robideaux Motors in Idaho is taking orders at $300 over invoice- works out to be $2-3K under MSRP. Not sure if it there are any strings attached or not as our dealer we are working has one that has a build date of 11/28 so we are taking that one at MSRP
I ordered a Yukon Denali Ultimate with diesel package. MSRP $84,050 and Sale Price is $79,500. Plus I’m retired military so I’ll get the military rebate as well so I’m currently at $79k for the order. They are a Buick and GMC dealer so there is sister Chevy store for them. Text Pam @ +1 (208) 547-6012 and tell her Nathan sent you. This dealership is awesome to work with. 5k off sticker on a vehicle that is selling 10k over sticker is a no brained and who cares if they’re in Idaho you still save a fortune by having it shipped or flying to them.

Steebu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a Yukon Denali Ultimate with diesel package. MSRP $84,050 and Sale Price is $79,500. Plus I’m retired military so I’ll get the military rebate as well so I’m currently at $79k for the order. They are a Buick and GMC dealer so there is sister Chevy store for them. Text Pam @ +1 (208) 547-6012 and tell her Nathan sent you. This dealership is awesome to work with. 5k off sticker on a vehicle that is selling 10k over sticker is a no brained and who cares if they’re in Idaho you still save a fortune by having it shipped or flying to them.

Holy schnikes, I might reach out to her since I’m just a stone’s throw away in Portland. The dealers around here are a bit … difficult to deal with.

I’m also looking for a Duramax Denali - what was she quoting you on delivery times? I’ve searched high and low and can’t find one anywhere.

Aemycod13

Reaction score
Holy schnikes, I might reach out to her since I’m just a stone’s throw away in Portland. The dealers around here are a bit … difficult to deal with.

I’m also looking for a Duramax Denali - what was she quoting you on delivery times? I’ve searched high and low and can’t find one anywhere.
She said she couldn’t give an exact delivery time due to constraints but it’s going to be like that everywhere unless one pops right up out of the blue. Get ahold of her and get a quote. I’m patient on the timelines but they’re delivering them.

Steebu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
She said she couldn’t give an exact delivery time due to constraints but it’s going to be like that everywhere unless one pops right up out of the blue. Get ahold of her and get a quote. I’m patient on the timelines but they’re delivering them.

Thanks for all of this. I'm patient, too, but do you (or anyone else) have an inkling of what those timelines look like? If it's September I'll wait for a '23. If they think March I can be patient. From digging through the forum it does sound like Jan/Feb for most folks, but who knows with Omicron and all the chip madness going on.

I am gonna miss that no sales tax if this ends up working out ... :oops:

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all of this. I'm patient, too, but do you (or anyone else) have an inkling of what those timelines look like? If it's September I'll wait for a '23. If they think March I can be patient. From digging through the forum it does sound like Jan/Feb for most folks, but who knows with Omicron and all the chip madness going on.

I am gonna miss that no sales tax if this ends up working out ... :oops:
I agree. If it's going to be the 3rd or 4th quarter of 2022, you might as well just wait for a 2023.