Dealer removal of ordered/sold unit from their website?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer websites are done by outside vendors, not GM or the dealer. They are several packages available to dealers. When a in transit vehicle shows up is a option the dealer can chose so that should not be taken as gospel as they could be built in delays before anything shows on the website.

As note, dealers are good at bs'ing customers so take what they tell you with skepticism. They could be making it as they go.

Dkay51

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
GM automatically posts an "In Transit" vehicle on a dealers website after it is produced and "In Transit" to that dealer. Is it common practice for a dealer to remove the vehicle from their website if it is a sold/customer ordered vehicle soon after it gets posted by GM?
That’s because the order them for people and still display that they have a new unit in transit when it’s actually a presold unit. The dealers are pretty much false advertising to get more people to order a new unit that way. That’s how they try and get more money and how they market. I chewed GM Canada executive review because I’m sitting at the top of the list with an order and there have been units that match my build specs, but they won’t give the units matching my build. It’s so misleading.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9