Dealer not honoring warranty work..2018 5.3 Yukon issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TahoeFL2017

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Google "consumer protection" in your county/state, they should have an office that can assist.

They is also a licensing agency for car dealers, only thing that worked for me was hitting the dealer from EVERY angle - Yelp, Facebook, GM complaint, county and state complaint, and being relentless on BBB.

Dealer DEFINITELY does not want the state licensing agency or attorney general involved, don't play nice, it will get you nowhere, been there done that.

rrosen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wanted to ask for advice from folks here. My truck has rough idle. It has been to the dealers 4 times now, their diagnostic - "all within GM spec" . Took to an independent but GM-certified mechanic, they quickly measured injector balance using GM equipment, documented and tried again with the dealer to get bank 2 injectors replaced... Well no dice. Dealer says, do not care what that GM-certified mechanic wrote, in my tests (they refuse to disclose what tests they did) but all within "GM spec".
Any thoughts on where to go, truck is 8months old and in full warranty... I already regret buying GM-made vehicle but depreciation is mad on American cars to trade it in...

TahoeFL2017

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FEES: (Additional fees per plate issued will be due in counties that require Regional Transit Authority,*RTA, Tax) Dealer License Certificate: $90.00 Please contact an Inspector in the County you plan to open your Factory Branch License Certificate: $130.00 Dealership. Call between 8:00 & 10:00am Monday through Friday. Manufacture License Certificate: $195.00 ____ District I Greenville (252) 752-4435 Sales/Factory Representative: $20.00 ____ District II Fayetteville (910) 486-1331 Dealer Plate (first five plates): $36.00 each plate ____ District III Raleigh (919) 816-9194 Each Additional: $18.00 each plate ____ District IV Greensboro (336) 256-2024 Dealer Transporter Plate: $18.00 each plate ____ District V Winston-Salem (336) 767-8808 Temporary Markers: $25.00 per set of 25 ____ District VI Huntersville (704) 331-4500 *RTA Fees-Randolph $1, Wake/Orange/Durham $15 ____ District VII Asheville (828) 782-9640

For complaints against businesses or individuals suspected of being involved in fraudulent or other questionable activities, fill out and submit an official complaint/investigation form to the address on the form or to an N.C. Division of Motor Vehicles License & Theft office.

The License & Theft Bureau will review the complaint and determine the most appropriate action.

scrap

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
GM Specs? When my 07 Avalanche with the 4/8 V8 was brand new, it used a quart of oil every 1000 miles. Told not to worry, it was within GM Specs!

OP
OP
S

smokey_mountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, thank you, filed this complaint yesterday with NC DMV. I am taking it to the max level possible, problem is that all complaints are against the dealer but Hendrick GMC blames GM, saying GM tells to stop testing once there are no codes for the car... Rough idle that is documented by two mechanics and myself does not count as defect because there are no codes...

FEES: (Additional fees per plate issued will be due in counties that require Regional Transit Authority,*RTA, Tax) Dealer License Certificate: $90.00 Please contact an Inspector in the County you plan to open your Factory Branch License Certificate: $130.00 Dealership. Call between 8:00 & 10:00am Monday through Friday. Manufacture License Certificate: $195.00 ____ District I Greenville (252) 752-4435 Sales/Factory Representative: $20.00 ____ District II Fayetteville (910) 486-1331 Dealer Plate (first five plates): $36.00 each plate ____ District III Raleigh (919) 816-9194 Each Additional: $18.00 each plate ____ District IV Greensboro (336) 256-2024 Dealer Transporter Plate: $18.00 each plate ____ District V Winston-Salem (336) 767-8808 Temporary Markers: $25.00 per set of 25 ____ District VI Huntersville (704) 331-4500 *RTA Fees-Randolph $1, Wake/Orange/Durham $15 ____ District VII Asheville (828) 782-9640

For complaints against businesses or individuals suspected of being involved in fraudulent or other questionable activities, fill out and submit an official complaint/investigation form to the address on the form or to an N.C. Division of Motor Vehicles License & Theft office.

The License & Theft Bureau will review the complaint and determine the most appropriate action.

OP
OP
S

smokey_mountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW, I have run to the end of the rainbow with GM customer support. This message #14 and they are all cookie-cutter the same, we are not interested in helping you... Think before you buy next GM vehicle. When I had an issue with my Lexus 7 years ago, dealership General Manager stopped by my house to apologize for his service team and he really went out of his way to even give me a ride home next day, I did not even have to ask for any of that.

Subject: RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: Re: Help with rough idle diagnostics...
Date:
November 14, 2019 at 08:29:26 EST
To:
Reply-To:
[email protected]

Your frustrations are understood, Sir. I am truly sorry for not being able to provide you with a different outcome. As previously mentioned, I have thoroughly documented all of your feedback on this matter within your case, so our internal teams are made aware of your ownership experience. If you have any other questions or concerns, please let me know.

Chelsea T.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW, I have run to the end of the rainbow with GM customer support. This message #14 and they are all cookie-cutter the same, we are not interested in helping you... Think before you buy next GM vehicle. When I had an issue with my Lexus 7 years ago, dealership General Manager stopped by my house to apologize for his service team and he really went out of his way to even give me a ride home next day, I did not even have to ask for any of that.

Subject: RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: Re: Help with rough idle diagnostics...
Date:
November 14, 2019 at 08:29:26 EST
To:
Reply-To:
[email protected]

Your frustrations are understood, Sir. I am truly sorry for not being able to provide you with a different outcome. As previously mentioned, I have thoroughly documented all of your feedback on this matter within your case, so our internal teams are made aware of your ownership experience. If you have any other questions or concerns, please let me know.

Chelsea T.

Hey Dmitry, where do you live? Why not get with someone more knowledgeable about autos and have them check it out with you? Live in Florida by chance?

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 6.2 Direct inject engine in my Camaro SS has a lumpy idle.

Replacing 2 injectors MAY fix the issue OP is having.

I would run several bottles of Techron 2 Fuel injector cleaner. Available at Costco for less than 20 bucks first.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, did you mean file with BBB for GM or for the dealer. I filed for the dealer, but dealer responded to BBB saying, we did everything by GM manuals, no issues found.
GM would be the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartman