Dealer not honoring warranty work..2018 5.3 Yukon issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokey_mountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wanted to ask for advice from folks here. My truck has rough idle. It has been to the dealers 4 times now, their diagnostic - "all within GM spec" . Took to an independent but GM-certified mechanic, they quickly measured injector balance using GM equipment, documented and tried again with the dealer to get bank 2 injectors replaced... Well no dice. Dealer says, do not care what that GM-certified mechanic wrote, in my tests (they refuse to disclose what tests they did) but all within "GM spec".
Any thoughts on where to go, truck is 8months old and in full warranty... I already regret buying GM-made vehicle but depreciation is mad on American cars to trade it in...

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wanted to ask for advice from folks here. My truck has rough idle. It has been to the dealers 4 times now, their diagnostic - "all within GM spec" . Took to an independent but GM-certified mechanic, they quickly measured injector balance using GM equipment, documented and tried again with the dealer to get bank 2 injectors replaced... Well no dice. Dealer says, do not care what that GM-certified mechanic wrote, in my tests (they refuse to disclose what tests they did) but all within "GM spec".
Any thoughts on where to go, truck is 8months old and in full warranty... I already regret buying GM-made vehicle but depreciation is mad on American cars to trade it in...

Take to another dealer and get a second opinion. Also ask to get the regional GM rep involved.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
take it to another dealer, any gm dealer can work on it cadillac, gmc, chevy, hummer, etc.
i wouldn't even mention having it previously worked on, just tell them it's doing "this" and let them deal with it.
less headache that way.....

Good call to not tell them you have had it at another dealer but I would bet that when the VIN is punched in the vehicle info and owner name will pop up. Those sneaky bastards are all linked together, I think?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Good call to not tell them you have had it at another dealer but I would bet that when the VIN is punched in the vehicle info and owner name will pop up. Those sneaky bastards are all linked together, I think?
True, all linked together. So no sense in not telling them about it. Maybe tell them the other dealer left you unsatisfied and you're leaving negative feedback on their facebook, or any other social media. Maybe that'll get the ball rolling for you. I'd try a Cadillac dealership.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have had them look up my vin in the service department before but they only showed what had been done at there dealership, it isn't like carfax, if there was a open recall or something of that nature it may pop up at any dealer which is why they put the recall performed stickers under the hood, but I could be wrong, I still wouldn't mention it, if they saw it and asked then yes I would say I don't want to go back to that dealer they have poor/unsatisfactory service there and leave it at that, The bottom line is it is a GM warranty, unless you had the dealer do something special that only they could/would warranty then you can have the work done nationwide at any gm dealer. If you take your vehicle to a local GM dealer and they replace the starter and you drive across the country next week and the new starter dies you can take it to any GM dealer wherever you are and have it fixed under warranty for free as long as you are within the warranty period and HAVE the receipt in your possession.

**anyway that's just my opinion if the other dealer was a headache, just don't go back other places will accept your business happily.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

smokey_mountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are linked together. I took it to 3 dealers around Raleigh - Hendrick GMC, Thompson GMC and Sir Walter Chevy. Both Thompson and Hendrick shared with Caddy -same service. GM Customer Care told me that they trust their dealers and will not send GM representative because nothing is wrong with the truck, what RPM Motorsports diagnosed is not relevant to GM, this is what their Social Media team at GM told me. Feels like a dead end. GM has grown to be the monster that can do whatever they want, set whatever "specs" they want. Hendrick GMC refused to disclose any "specs" because they know that my bank #2 is out of spec by 30%, Service Manager at Hendrick GMC named Rick told me that I owe you no results, this is confidential info, everything I need to know is written into a work order - "No problem found".

Screen Shot 2019-11-09 at 18.41.55.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

smokey_mountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what Hendrick GMC "dealer" reported. Same truck, no idea of course how Hendrick tested... I am not proud of the GM and dealers in Raleigh area, none of them are interested to help customers, only there to help GM.

Screen Shot 2019-11-09 at 18.45.43.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts