Dealer not honoring warranty work..2018 5.3 Yukon issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
S

smokey_mountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I honestly do not know what to do @calif phil . Dealer quoted $988 for the mounts, but that is a lot of change to experiment with, what if mounts is not it, or dealer would not reseat the engine and transmission mounts properly...

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I honestly do not know what to do @calif phil . Dealer quoted $988 for the mounts, but that is a lot of change to experiment with, what if mounts is not it, or dealer would not reseat the engine and transmission mounts properly...

BlackBear tune is less than that! They are pain to do but you can do them yourself, shop labor for both is just over 4 hours, engine mounts are about a hundred each, the rear about fifty.

OP
OP
S

smokey_mountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought and had to return the BB tune. Last time I visited the dealer with this complaint + DST codes I was having, dealer told me that my VIN is now flagged by GM because I am plugging these OBD aftermarket devices. Apparently BlueDriver causes flooding on the bus and all kinds of electrical codes pop up similar to mine, he did give me a copy of the TSB. There is a TSB out for OBD device users and dealers are now logging these users.

I looked into changing mounts myself but lift makes it so much easier especially given the re-seat steps. BTW, $988 was only for the front mounts only not including rear/transmission ones.

BlackBear tune is less than that! They are pain to do but you can do them yourself, shop labor for both is just over 4 hours, engine mounts are about a hundred each, the rear about fifty.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought and had to return the BB tune. Last time I visited the dealer with this complaint + DST codes I was having, dealer told me that my VIN is now flagged by GM because I am plugging these OBD aftermarket devices. Apparently BlueDriver causes flooding on the bus and all kinds of electrical codes pop up similar to mine, he did give me a copy of the TSB. There is a TSB out for OBD device users and dealers are now logging these users.

I looked into changing mounts myself but lift makes it so much easier especially given the re-seat steps. BTW, $988 was only for the front mounts only not including rear/transmission ones.

Curious, did they see the device or did you tell them that you were using one for diagnosis? Man, I miss the days when screwdriver would solve your idle problem in 2 seconds!

Was that TSB 13-08-116-001C?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Curious, did they see the device or did you tell them that you were using one for diagnosis? Man, I miss the days when screwdriver would solve your idle problem in 2 seconds!

Was that TSB 13-08-116-001C?

You and me both James. Some days I miss the screwdriver adjustment and setting points and condenser. Miss rebuilding a starter or alternator instead of just bolting a unit on. I even miss changing brake shoes with a screwdriver and a pair of pliers. I especially miss when I could lift a hood and see all around the engine compartment and do 90% of all that work from above. I cannot remember when the last time was that I packed a wheel bearing with grease in my palm. I digress.

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious as well. When I had my mounts replaced dealer never said anything about my OBD use. At the time I was using a generic OBD not blue driver. The only way I think they can see it is that if you cleared the codes, they would determine it by mileage. It states how long ago codes were cleared by mileage and know someone other than them has cleared the codes. Just a thought.

I read over the TSB mentioned above and I think it’s more informative for the tec. I also find it funny they have a work code for “suspected tampering”. If they ever questioned me I would say it’s one of those insurance OBD readers or the one that tracks. I know onstar has the ability but those OBD ones are a fraction of what onstar charges for service each month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You and me both James. Some days I miss the screwdriver adjustment and setting points and condenser. Miss rebuilding a starter or alternator instead of just bolting a unit on. I even miss changing brake shoes with a screwdriver and a pair of pliers. I especially miss when I could lift a hood and see all around the engine compartment and do 90% of all that work from above. I cannot remember when the last time was that I packed a wheel bearing with grease in my palm. I digress.
h6FDF3B01.jpg

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I know, when I was ready to buy I seriously considered picking up an old square body Suburban but technology won out, I can drive so much further more comfortably in my 2009 compared to an '89. And our cars back then didn't last near as long, not in my family anyway. Cars were old at 70K miles and plum wore out by 120K usually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14