Deal breaker: no way to get automatic cruise control without spending 70k+ on top trim?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I have used normal cruise once in the last 5 years, for a few minutes lol that's about all I can stand "cruising" that's like coming up to a red light and all you dummys are in the left lane lined up like lemmings and nobody's in the right lane :think: (not because it's a turn lane) it's because nobody thinks independently.

Wes don't like the rpm needle sitting still, it's either moving to the right or to the left as quick as possible! :)

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wes don't like the rpm needle sitting still, it's either moving to the right or to the left as quick as possible! :)
I think it is just that I have trained myself to take the shortest quickest path, if I pull up to a intersection I will scan the vehicles in front of me, I will then choose the most likely shortest lane based on if there is a bus or semi or a bunch of trucks, etc, I do the same driving on the highway I will snake my way through traffic always I never stay in one lane and just cruise unless there is no one in front of me even if there is a car in front of me doing 90 I might follow for a while but eventually I get tired of being behind them and I will pass and do 95, if I go to the grocery store or anywhere I choose the shortest lane or scan and see who has less crap in there basket and will likely be the quickest. People waste so much of there life waiting in line or waiting in traffic. It's all about time, there is never enough I wish I could clone myself and have 3 or 4 of me do everything so I could just sit back and relax. hell I will even scan the gps map sitting at a red light to see if there is a shortcut around it or traffic, if there is a line of 20 cars at the light and I need to go right I will take the block before the traffic and cut across and over effectively saving myself plenty of time I do it all the time so it has just become instinct. cruise control just doesn't work for me in any way.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it is just that I have trained myself to take the shortest quickest path, if I pull up to a intersection I will scan the vehicles in front of me, I will then choose the most likely shortest lane based on if there is a bus or semi or a bunch of trucks, etc, I do the same driving on the highway I will snake my way through traffic always...

I used to drive exactly like that Wes. Now I avoid the traffic entirely, am rarely on the road during the rush hours anymore. I try to choose the most efficient routes, those that allow the truck to keep moving and avoid as many lights as possible. When I was Ubering in the city, the truck would still average 15-16 MPG cause she kept moving.

I like driving and not paying tickets, my wild man days are over. I'll live them out through you!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to drive exactly like that Wes. Now I avoid the traffic entirely, am rarely on the road during the rush hours anymore. I try to choose the most efficient routes, those that allow the truck to keep moving and avoid as many lights as possible. When I was Ubering in the city, the truck would still average 15-16 MPG cause she kept moving.

I like driving and not paying tickets, my wild man days are over. I'll live them out through you!
I get tickets but not very often I think my 3 year record is clean at the moment or will be shortly, but when I do get them I usually get 2 at a time like 1 and then another one within a week lol

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get tickets but not very often I think my 3 year record is clean at the moment or will be shortly, but when I do get them I usually get 2 at a time like 1 and then another one within a week lol

My last was 16 years ago cause the speedometer was off in the truck I was driving, the last time I was intentionally speeding and got caught was... darn, cannot remember. I remember now, coming home from the drag strip one night, cruising at 104 mph, saw the lights, looked at my gas gauge and knew I didn't have the fuel to run up to 140 and dust their 5.0s so I pulled over. Trooper thought he recognized me (good way) and came back with two tickets, one for no seat belt and one for doing 104 in a 55. Un-clipped my seat belt, he handed me that one and said good night! Whew!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My last was 16 years ago cause the speedometer was off in the truck I was driving, the last time I was intentionally speeding and got caught was... darn, cannot remember. I remember now, coming home from the drag strip one night, cruising at 104 mph, saw the lights, looked at my gas gauge and knew I didn't have the fuel to run up to 140 and dust their 5.0s so I pulled over. Trooper thought he recognized me (good way) and came back with two tickets, one for no seat belt and one for doing 104 in a 55. Un-clipped my seat belt, he handed me that one and said good night! Whew!
My last one was 18 months ago for passing and speeding when unsafe, semi truck driver cut me off but of course he didn't see that, I went to court paid a lower fee and completed drivers school in California you are allowed to do drivers school every 18 months as long as it wasn't for speeding over 100 or wreckless/drunk driving or driving on a suspended then it stays off your driving record. there was a time about 12 years ago I got suspended for too many tickets, of course you can't ride a horse anymore so I had to drive and still got caught a few times managed to talk my way out of a few even with a suspended license ended up being without my license for about 2 years. during that time I remember I got one for my kid not wearing his seatbelt right, cop let me go but wrote me the ticket to me for the kid, dmv called me and asked how I got a ticket for the kid lol because they give those to the driver and my license was suspended. I lied and said I was a passenger and said I asked the cop to give me the ticket instead of the driver :rolleyes: I got a blank response lol they eventually gave it back but I have calmed down a bit since then.

dmk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Adaptive cruise is available on the 2021 Premier. I test drove one 2 weeks ago. It has the option while driving to disable the adaptive cruise and go to standard cruise. That is a welcome option where I live. There are several hills on a particular road that I travel and I found the automatic braking downhill with the adaptive cruise to be annoying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firstcaddy