Deal breaker: no way to get automatic cruise control without spending 70k+ on top trim?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Stevenson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So if I am reading the order sheet correctly, there is no way to get automatic cruise control without buying a High Country or Denali.

I like to take road trips, and automatic cruise control is amazing. It is also a standard feature on 15k Toyota and Honda vehicles.

I’m fine buying it as an option on an LS or LT (still ridiculous, but I’ll do it), but if I have to spend 70k or more on the highest trim level just to get a feature that is standard on cars 1/5th of the price, this is my last Tahoe.

GM, WTF are you thinking?

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if I am reading the order sheet correctly, there is no way to get automatic cruise control without buying a High Country or Denali.

I like to take road trips, and automatic cruise control is amazing. It is also a standard feature on 15k Toyota and Honda vehicles.

I’m fine buying it as an option on an LS or LT (still ridiculous, but I’ll do it), but if I have to spend 70k or more on the highest trim level just to get a feature that is standard on cars 1/5th of the price, this is my last Tahoe.

GM, WTF are you thinking?
I’d pay extra to not have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I have used normal cruise once in the last 5 years, for a few minutes lol that's about all I can stand "cruising" that's like coming up to a red light and all you dummys are in the left lane lined up like lemmings and nobody's in the right lane :think: (not because it's a turn lane) it's because nobody thinks independently.

Craigy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
+1 almost makes me want to wait for new Sequoia which is a ways off, or hope for a decent refresh on the Expedition.

At least Chevy gives us keyless and auto climate control standard. Can't win em all.

kentman

Reaction score
I love adaptive cruise control (ACC) on my sedan. My sedan is base model for $25K, and ACC was standard on all trims. GM needs to do this also or lose big going forward.

EMTPete

Reaction score
I too can’t believe that adaptive cruise isn’t available on the SLT. I have it on my 2015i SLT. I’m hoping GMC wakes up and makes it an option on ‘21 SLT for those of us who don’t want spring for the Denali.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM is withholding some low cost features on the lower levels when they could be offered individually. Say you want a rear view camera or adaptive cruise to get them we end up spending thousands more for the highest tier. Okay but part of the deal is a 6.2L engine that needs premium fuel at a cost of another $10,000.

I'll be driving my ol Hoe for a few years longer than if I could have gotten just what I wanted for only $68,000.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak