Dead battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's their low end battery, 18 month warranty if memory serves.

The Gold ones are rated for 42 months. My Silver rated for 30 lasted 48.

Not sure which group size are in yours, for mine they make one with a higher reserve capacity so it can power stuff with the motor off longer.
Where were you when I was buying it? :D
One of the many things I have learned here is AC Delco has different grades of parts. That's what I get buying my battery at the lumber yard.

OP
OP
Ghost10

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for posting the source of your issue. Much appreciated.
Btw don’t expect to not help the autozone tech
I ended up helping the tech out because he couldn’t figure out how to remove and than couldn’t get new battery in. After a puncher on my thumb and a cut on palm battery got installed. Next time I’ll just do it my self, will take longer but atleast it won’t be a circus show.

OP
OP
Ghost10

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh also recommend get a interstate megatron, that’s my next choice once this ACjunkCo craps out again in 8 months
Sometimes OE is not always best, or maybe I just got a bad battery, I’ll know in a few months
Also this is the gold battery “top of the trash” oh I mean line

13UpInSmoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a bad optima yellow top in my ride, only 5 months old. Think the quality of everything is going down the drain

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues