Dead battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got home from a 1.5 hour drive from the renaissance pleasure fair here in California last night.

Turned on the ACC and was listening to music cleaning out the truck and also adjusting the rear electronic seats “there was a base ball jammed between the seat” so was adjusting them trying to get it out. This was 20min in and the dash says battery low start vehicle soon. I go to start it and it wouldn’t turn over in fact it turned off everything but the start button amber light and clicked 10 times in a row before stopping.

Is my AC Delcp battery that’s less than 8months old be failing already? It was also extremely hot all day, plus using music and the electric seats just killed the charge ? I fear it’s something worse than the battery.

Experts? Has this happened to you?
Maybe there is a reason why there is a secon spot in the engine bay for a auxiliary battery

I have a NOCO Boost PLUS
Charged it all night, should I just jump start the truck and call it good or call AAA and have them run a diagnostic?

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got home from a 1.5 hour drive from the renaissance pleasure fair here in California last night.

Turned on the ACC and was listening to music cleaning out the truck and also adjusting the rear electronic seats “there was a base ball jammed between the seat” so was adjusting them trying to get it out. This was 20min in and the dash says battery low start vehicle soon. I go to start it and it wouldn’t turn over in fact it turned off everything but the start button amber light and clicked 10 times in a row before stopping.

Is my AC Delcp battery that’s less than 8months old be failing already? It was also extremely hot all day, plus using music and the electric seats just killed the charge ? I fear it’s something worse than the battery.

Maybe there is a reason why there is a secon spot in the engine bay for a auxiliary battery

I have a NOCO Boost PLUS
Charged it all night, should I just jump start the truck and call it good or call AAA and have them run a diagnostic?
Id charge it overnight on a low setting. See what happens. If it doesn't start, replace the battery

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I have a NOCO Boost PLUS
Yesterday I discovered that my cables were loose after a day of driving. Battery wasn't taking a full charge. Eight months in, if the battery is bad, the replacement is free.

Jimmyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Delco Advantage battery in my DD not impressed with it. Year and a half year old and when tested it shows 60%. I'll need a new one by winter.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Delco Advantage battery in my DD not impressed with it. Year and a half year old and when tested it shows 60%. I'll need a new one by winter.

That's their low end battery, 18 month warranty if memory serves.

The Gold ones are rated for 42 months. My Silver rated for 30 lasted 48.

Not sure which group size are in yours, for mine they make one with a higher reserve capacity so it can power stuff with the motor off longer.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have an aftermarket audio system with some semi-serious amplification, and playing at high volume, it can drain the battery in an amazingly short period of time.

OP
OP
Ghost10

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK so I am plugged everything like my USB Apple charger USB Dash Cam my Motorola XTL5000
And it started up this morning it was hesitant I’m at work right now and noticed that when I first started it’s kind of hard to start and then the needle shoots up at 14 on the dash but as I’m just sitting here idling the needle drop down to the 10 mark so the real question is is it a bad battery or a bad alternator fingers crossed it’s just a ************* AC Delco battery I would like to get off work early today and go to AutoZone and remove the battery exchange it for a new one because the batteries not even six months old looking at my bank charges

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK so I am plugged everything like my USB Apple charger USB Dash Cam my Motorola XTL5000
And it started up this morning it was hesitant I’m at work right now and noticed that when I first started it’s kind of hard to start and then the needle shoots up at 14 on the dash but as I’m just sitting here idling the needle drop down to the 10 mark so the real question is is it a bad battery or a bad alternator fingers crossed it’s just a ************* AC Delco battery I would like to get off work early today and go to AutoZone and remove the battery exchange it for a new one because the batteries not even six months old looking at my bank charges
autozone will test it for you

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is normal for the voltage to get boosted shortly after first start up and then it went down once it detected that the state of charge was high.

Numerous short trips won't allow a battery to maintain its charge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh