ddm tuning hud kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lilsolo68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just a quick review/rant.
:emotions122:
ok so i finally ordered my hid fog light kit. as soon as brown dropped it off at my door i immeadiately began the install. install was a breeze after i figured out which prong went where but there were only two ways for them to fit so it was easy. after finishing up i check the lights and took pics (which ill be posting after i find my usb cord). later that evening when it starting to get dark i took a ride to test the light output. on my way home i stopped at a red light and heard that same noise that you hear when rocks fly up from the tires. i didnt think nothing of it but a few miles down the road i heard that noise that you hear when i run over a stick in the road. i would have pulled over to check it out but there was a state trooper cruising about 10 miles under the speed limit waiting for something to happen and since i had a few empty beer bottles in the kon i didnt want to take the chance of him pulling over to "Help" me out. so right before i got home i came up behing another truck and noticed one fog light out. i then switched them off and back on and realized that it wasnt coming back on. after i got home i check the fog light and saw what i didnt want to see. the wires from the ballast were hanging from the bulb and right then i knew that the ballast was what i heard earlier while driving......its funny because when installing them i knew good and well that the two sided tape that they sent to use to mount the ballast wasnt gonna hold for very long. i just didnt think it would fall so soon. the tape actually held very well to the truck but it didnt hold the ballast itself on it. i sent a message to ddm tuning a few mins ago but i doubt that the warrenty will cover this. they'll probably say it was the fault of the installer and they cant help out. oh well i guess it should happen now while im having this streak of bad luck. :Boo:

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Shit, that sucks!!!
You should have stopped, would have saved you $$ because I know they will not cover that under warranty. Should have read around a bit, nobody ever uses that BS tape because it never holds long at all.

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That does suck! Good thing is they are not that expensive!
I did use the tape but I cleaned everything well with 90% alcohol that would have tape on it, to remove all dirt and oil. Then after it was secured in place I got thicker tie wraps and tied it down. So far they are working great and everything is in place.

TunasTwins

2005 Tahoe LS
Reaction score
Glad I saw this one. thought cleaning with alcohol would be good enough. I put some zip ties on this morning.

CdnDenali

Reaction score
I too was doubtful of the supplied double sided tape. I put it aside and used 3M Acrylic foam tape instead along with the zip ties, and of course after the surface was cleaned with alcohol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan