DD nav in non-dd truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StephenC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just did mine in my 00 Hoe it was wicked easy going off of what you showed here.
Thanks man

jasqid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey JK, quick question for you on the 2002 truck DD install you did. (here: http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=595)

When you cut your dash bezel, did you also trim the piece between the radio and the cliamte controls, or was it soley the top and top right of the radio's bezel?

I've got a 2002 Tahoe and got all the tools to do what you did (with the exception of the digital calipers). I'm still debating with myself to cust the radio cage out like you did too.

jasqid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
THANK JK,

I was able to put a 2 DIN in my 2002 Tahoe from your example.

dwmmatt23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my pioneer p3300bt double din is on the way so im tackeling this project next week, more confident after reading this.

01yukon25

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New here, been looking at the forums since i got my 2001 yukon. Where do i get the clips at and how much do they cost?

TWITCH101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When replacing the stock stereo do you keep the functionality of your rear controls? I'm talking about the center console for the second row of passengers.

PlazaEJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the NAV unit need an additional antenna, if the truck doesn't have NAV, now?

Thanks,
EJ

ebxgsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When replacing the stock stereo do you keep the functionality of your rear controls? I'm talking about the center console for the second row of passengers.

i'm not sure, so maybe someone else can chime in, but i think you will lose that option. i know they make modules for keeping steering wheel control, but i haven't seen anything for keeping the rear.

Does the NAV unit need an additional antenna, if the truck doesn't have NAV, now?

Thanks,
EJ

i thought NAV units will come with the antenna.

PlazaEJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. So, does an '03-'06, OEM, DD radio come with NAV? Or, is NAV a separate unit?
I'm not really looking to go aftermarket.

EJ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442