Daylight Running Lights (DRL) RPO: T62-DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS - DELETE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

opfor2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I recently had my 2011 Border Patrol SSV at the dealer to have the passenger airbag replaced due to a recall. I inquired about the process of having the DRL's reactivated (RPO: T62-DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS - DELETE) I was told that it required the dealer to contact GM and get new coding for the onboard computer to reprogram it. They further told me that the cost would be around $500.00 U.S., which I promptly declined. I'm posting this to hopefully answer the question on the DRL's and having them reactivated.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I recently had my 2011 Border Patrol SSV at the dealer to have the passenger airbag replaced due to a recall. I inquired about the process of having the DRL's reactivated (RPO: T62-DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS - DELETE) I was told that it required the dealer to contact GM and get new coding for the onboard computer to reprogram it. They further told me that the cost would be around $500.00 U.S., which I promptly declined. I'm posting this to hopefully answer the question on the DRL's and having them reactivated.
MEH, I bet you could go with a used bcm programmed to your vin and be just fine, you would loose any other ssv/ppv special programming though
there are other options out there but they are just as costly as what the dealer wants.
or just wire them up to be on when the key is on.
you have options

bill1013

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It helps to know if your ride was destined for US or Canada delivery. I had a similar issue with my 99 Tahoe LT. I wanted to be able turn the DRL off when I wanted as lights were always on. Come to find out my CANADIAN Tahoe had the DRL slaved to the ignition system. If you tried to tamper with the DRL the vehicle wouldn’t start. Those Canadians mean business! Too bad none of their NHL teams made it to the Stanley Cup Finals. GO PANTHERS!

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Document ID: 2022756

Subject:
PIT4328A

Models:
2007-2008 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV & EXT
2007-2008 Chevrolet Avalanche, Tahoe, Silverado, Suburban
2007-2008 GMC Yukon, Yukon XL, Denali, Denali XL, Sierra

This PI was superseded to update model years and Recommendation/Instructions. Please discard PIT4328.

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.
Condition/Concern:
**** THIS INFORMATION APPLIES TO U.S. VEHICLES ONLY ****
All requests for Daytime Running Lamps (DRL) disable are to be referred to Techline Customer Support Center (TCSC). Instruction about vehicle qualifications and requirements for DRL disable will be provided by TCSC. TCSC is GM's central record keeping location for all of these requests. TCSC toll free number is 1-800 828-6860.
**** THIS INFORMATION APPLIES TO U.S. VEHICLES ONLY ****

Requests for DRL/auto headlamp disconnects must be made by appropriate agencies. The vehicle in question must be owned by a law enforcement agency, military agency or security company. (City/State, Sheriff, FBI, CIA, DEA, Emergency Vehicles.Etc.) It is recommended the dealership obtain a letter on the agencies letterhead requesting the DRLS/auto headlamps be disabled. The letter should contain the specific vehicle identification number which will be disabled, and a statement which reads, "the DRL/auto headlamp system will be made fully operational prior to disposal/sale of the vehicle." the letter should be kept in the vehicle service file at the dealership.

Recommendation/Instructions:
Procedures to disable daytime running lamps (DRL):
Have the dealership technician call Techline at 1-800-828-6860 and request a new calibration for the truck body control module (tbcm) that will disable the DRL's. Recalibrate the TBCM with the new calibration.
Procedures to disable to auto headlamps:
Unplug the ambient light sensor and put a 600 ohm resistor in place of the sensor. The resistor will command the TBCM to turn the auto headlamps off. The headlights will now have to be manually turned on with the headlight switch.
Secure the resistor and connector to prevent rattles.etc.

Note:Vehicles equipped with Automatic HVAC (RPO CJ2) may have a light sensor that also includes the sunload sensor for the HVAC system. Make sure the resistor is wired into the ambient light sensor signal wire (Circuit 278) and ground (Circuit 1851). This can be achieved by backing out pin 2 at the light sensor and removing the terminal and adding the resistor to the wire and then splicing the other end of the resistor to the ground wire 2 inches from the light sensor.
Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION
© 2008 General Motors Corporation. All rights reserved.

Last edited:

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe you can contact the dealer and if such a letter exists, hold the agency accountable? :rofl:

AutoSync with BCM programming is a little bit cheaper at $400.

Gives you a lot of other useful options like

sensor info in cluster (gear, trans temp, tcc lock, knock retard, ethanol %, plus more)
DTC reader/clearer in cluster
remote window control
AFM disable
manual high idle
light flashers

and the BCM programming lets you adjust

door locks, approach and exit lighting
DRL's, auto headlamps
interior lighting, welcome lighting
extended accessory power, retained accessory power settings
wiper number of "post drip" wipes and delay

Few other features don't work or he is supposed to be working on..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
korzone