Dashskin cover pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cantrepeat

Reaction score
I just couldn’t do that. No offense but those have always looked terrible to me ever since they came out 20 years ago.

None taken.

I agree, the carpet type dash mats are hideous, but the new LTD is made of something different. I kind of like it. Plus, I wont be buying a dash in 10 years.

dash.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
None taken.

I agree, the carpet type dash mats are hideous, but the new LTD is made of something different. I kind of like it. Plus, I wont be buying a dash in 10 years.

dash.jpg
I couldn’t even do the cover skins that leave a ridge around the airbag so even though it was expensive I just replaced the dash. It looks so much cleaner. Anything else looks like you’re trying to cover something up. You’re right, that one looks better than carpet but it’s basically the same thing. I haven’t heard of the K2xx having cracking problems, only the NNBS. And supposedly the replacement parts have been changed to help resolve the issue. I also reinforced the new one with steel rods and epoxy. I’m hoping for the best but who knows, right? It might still crack again, there’s no guarantees.

Cantrepeat

Reaction score
I couldn’t even do the cover skins that leave a ridge around the airbag so even though it was expensive I just replaced the dash. It looks so much cleaner. Anything else looks like you’re trying to cover something up. You’re right, that one looks better than carpet but it’s basically the same thing. I haven’t heard of the K2xx having cracking problems, only the NNBS. And supposedly the replacement parts have been changed to help resolve the issue. I also reinforced the new one with steel rods and epoxy. I’m hoping for the best but who knows, right? It might still crack again, there’s no guarantees.

I hear ya. When the dash started to crack in my 1991 Suburban I just paid the $300 and got a new one. Had it dyed to match the rest and it came out very nice. The 91 is a keeper so I didn't mind spending the dough on it.

Nrphlly

Reaction score
They made the dashes leather in the Née Tahoes along with wood and leather door treatments. The interior on the 07-14 is just way too much plastic. I have to upgrade it

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m going to cover the original dash in leather. I don’t want this to be a concern for us.
Once you remove the dash you’ll see what you’re up against. Actually, just pull the front panel that goes between the windshield and main dash piece, the part around the vents. Then get back to us with a solution.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518