Dashboard Replacement 2013 GMT900 Yukon/Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

t_bergman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A Pillar on the driver's side.

1661201139265.jpeg

And at this point you should have everything back together, go connect the battery back up and crank her up!

1661201195518.jpeg

Everything came back to life as expected and I did a quick drive around to ensure nothing was rattling, so far so good and looks much better than the stupid cap.

Overall extremely happy with the result, I'm glad I did this myself as I was able to clean under the dash and I was certainly much more gentle on the trim pieces than a service tech would be.

I hope this will be of use to others as they take on this project, it's a long process but it's time intensive rather than complex.

I want to thank the forum as well for all of the advice and other technical writeups which are here for other members to enjoy.

Last edited:

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI, the main dash panel P/N 23224747 noted in this thread has apparently been replaced with P/N 19331336. Pretty much same price, IIRC. I have on on order, since I knee-jerked and ordered the Dorman front panel for our 2010 PPV.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted to share with the community my process of how I replaced the dashboard in my 2013 Yukon XL 2500; there seems to be a lot of good info already shared but I was never able to find a complete guide to the process. This is simply how I was able to accomplish the replacement and is not necessarily the right or wrong way, if you are unsure, please consult your local GM service center.

Before you get started, ensure that you have the following:

• The entire day free, I started at 9am and it took all the way until 6pm with an hour for lunch. I took my time and labeled every set of screws which came out and cleaned/vacuumed the parts as they went back in.
  • A 2nd person to help lift out the old dash, lift in the new dash, and provide moral support.
  • 10mm, 7mm, T6 torx, Phillips head, and ratchets with extensions. I have the following from Home Deport which includes everything needed except the T6. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-Mechanics-Tool-Set-290-Piece-H290MTS/312945780
  • Some sort of foam to shove into the front defroster while working, on a completely unrelated subject I now have a video borescope and flexible magnetic tool grabber.
  • Be prepared to break something, the plastic pieces are older at this point, and I was mentally prepared to break something accidentally which I’d needed to order for replacement later.
  • A large working space, I wanted to be able to spread everything out as I took things apart and pulled the two other cars out of the garage to do the work.
  • Large lights and battery-operated lights to see everything. I have this two piece set from Amazon that worked great. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G9X19G1
  • A good trim removal kit, I bought a second to ensure I could pry with even force on the larger pieces. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HRNKY8P
  • A couple large beach towels, I covered my seats and center console to ensure I didn’t scratch the leather.
YouTube Videos watched and reviewed during the process:

• specifically at 6:30 to watch how they got the dashboard back into the vehicle.

The GM part number for the dash is 23224747, this is a non-center speaker ebony interior and 23224733 for the extension. I went with a Dorman product for the extension which is 926-336.

Before I began, I separated the key from the remote and shifted into M while also setting the parking brake. I then disconnected the battery and held the horn for 30+ seconds to ensure there was no more electricity in the system prior to removing the air bags.

Getting started you can see that I have the cap on, I initially thought I would need to cut horizontally the cap in two, but I started to pry it apart using a larger trim tool and the glue used was easy to get apart.

View attachment 378683

Before fully pulling the cap, I removed both A pillar trim pieces.

View attachment 378684

View attachment 378685

There are two bolts located in the assist handle on the passenger side which needs to be removed, take care on both sides as the speaker wire does not have a lot of maneuvering space.

View attachment 378686

View attachment 378687

Dooood. Bless you for this write-up. I had to go through and "love" each and every post.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
t_bergman, you sir are an angel put in the TYF forum for a reason.
Thank You for doing what you did, it is most certainly appreciated.
I for sure will be looking over this thread quite a bit for when I do my dash. I'm going to have to hot staple mine together before my pieces start falling in haha.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice write-up and thank you! I changed my dash a couple years ago but I failed to be nice and document it.

On another note, those of you with gps, I had zero signal when I fired it up. I thought I missed a plug and took it BACK apart. Nothing was missed. After reassembly, I drove it up the road and it all started working after a few miles.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
2013 2500 is definitely worth all the love you gave it. Getting into the frame of mind to document the process as well as take on the project is a double doozy.

Thanks for the write up, it’s a gift!

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As stated by @Geotrash this is outstanding and hopefully can be saved as a sticky by the mods. Lots of us with 900’s with a bad dash. Thanks for documenting this including pictures.
but at what point this was a manufacturing defect out of the factory?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts