Dash Whistle - HELP before I go crazy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice looking rig! Are we going to be seeing it -- or hearing the whistle -- around the Denver area?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
most likely the plastic scoop on the hood, these trucks are notorious for having noise's from non oem stuff in the front, i had a bug shield, when you drove over 55 it sounded just like it was raining, you could have closed your eyes and swore it was raining outside, air around the mirror's can make a whistle sound also even if they are oem, led' light bars, etc, etc

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Friends, so sorry for not replying sooner. I checked most of your suggestions - to no avail; The sound seemed to change a bit over time - and sounded VERY MUCH like a brake pad wear indicator (Which it wasn't - nor was there anything in the dust shield making contact). Anyhow, with my available time exhausted, I jumped in the Yukon and drove it 1800 miles from MD to Boulder CO. I figured if something broke, it broke. Well, nothing broke, except that the noise, while still present, diminished in volume. I have since 'sold' the truck to my youngest son (who can say no to a veteran?). I so appreciate all your thoughtful and considerate advice.View attachment 348892View attachment 348893View attachment 348894
Cool Truck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442