Dash stopped working!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tanner90

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Recently my 2002 Yukon’s cluster recently started acting up along with the radio and climate control. The problem is the cluster has a few working gauges suck as oil press, and voltage but everything else such as the odometer and message center don’t work and the tach and speedometer are dead and my climate control and radio are dead as well . I’ve tried cleaning some main grounds and haven’t had any luck. Does anyone have any input for me? Thanks!

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be at the cluster. Soldered connections crack and lose connection. I've lost PRNDL on one vehicle, backlighting and several gauges on this one.

I pulled this one apart and touched up the soldered connection and replaced bulbs and some gauges.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could also be bad ground connections under the hood. These rigs don’t like it when this happens and cause all kinds of problems.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could also be bad ground connections under the hood. These rigs don’t like it when this happens and cause all kinds of problems.
Yes I should have mentioned that. Poor grounds are the first thing to check whenever you have funky electrical issues.

OP
OP
T

Tanner90

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello! I checked all my fuses and and they’re fine I cleaned up a few grounds like one one the drivers side frame the main ground and a g cable that goes under the core support. My battery is only a year old So it should be good. I’ll take apart the cluster to see if the solder joints are fine as recommended. My question is has anyone experienced not having climate control, the radio and some parts of the cluster go out at the same time? And what grounds should I really clean? Thanks!
I’ll upload a photo of the dash

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Hello! I checked all my fuses and and they’re fine I cleaned up a few grounds like one one the drivers side frame the main ground and a g cable that goes under the core support. My battery is only a year old So it should be good. I’ll take apart the cluster to see if the solder joints are fine as recommended. My question is has anyone experienced not having climate control, the radio and some parts of the cluster go out at the same time? And what grounds should I really clean? Thanks!
I’ll upload a photo of the dash
Have you had your battery checked yet?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rs401