Dash cubby front trim piece?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

derekjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not looking for the dash cubby itself (don't have CD player), but it looks like there is a small trim piece that goes on the front of the cubby to prevent items from falling out of it? I am missing this piece. I can tell something goes there because there are three small tabs on the front of the cubby as well as little notches on the left and right sides. Does anyone know what this is called or have a part number? Mine must have fallen off.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a picture of what you have? The pocket is sold as one piece, so you may need to get another one if part of it is missing.

bbb43339e0346abea9bb19c9e4a0e141.jpg

54314266e029f5ead4fbb6e773d62897.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

derekjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a picture of what you have? The pocket is sold as one piece, so you may need to get another one if part of it is missing.

bbb43339e0346abea9bb19c9e4a0e141.jpg

54314266e029f5ead4fbb6e773d62897.jpg

I will take a picture if you want, but you can see that little notch on the side of the cubby. Apparently that piece comes off, because it is missing on mine. There are also 3 tabs on the front of the cubby that it slides in to.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh ok, the bottom piece. Looks like you’d need to buy a whole new pocket then.

OP
OP
D

derekjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh ok, the bottom piece. Looks like you’d need to buy a whole new pocket then.

Wow, what a coincidence. I opened up the glove box and there it was! Now, how to put it back on? Do I need to remove the dash bezel again? What a pain. How exactly does that piece clip on? I just don't want to break anything lol.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably try gluing it if it has fallen apart before. Yep, the bezel should come off. The pocket slides in with the plastic spring clips on the side.

OP
OP
D

derekjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a part number for the cubby itself? I'm surprised this thing is only glued together. I figured the front just snapped into those little holes on each side and into the slots on the bottom of the cubby, oh well. Can the OEM CD player be retrofitted to the head unit?

RED TAHOE LS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might try your local salvage yard, should be easy to locate. JMHO. BTW, sorry I missed your Ventshades for OBS, just could not pull the trigger. Wasn't a lost cause, ordered online through Amazon for 52.71 with free shipping. And yes they were VENTSHADE brand, the original Mfg. back in the 60's. Not a bad deal @ all, and their BONUS, could have got immediate $50.00 discount making my purchase a mere $2.71 by just joining their PRIME club. Good luck with your dash insert.