Dash Cam, Mirror Cam-

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
WTSHARK

WTSHARK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The video quality is pretty good, nice and clear. I believe it's 1080p HD resolution. And yes, I believe once it reaches 3 hours it will record over it, unless something happens or you pull the SD card as you said.
Perfect- Thanks again!

OP
OP
WTSHARK

WTSHARK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On mine, the memory is stored in 2 minute loops. I halos have a button that I can press in case I see something I want to save.
You can always carry an extra SD Card ( I use 16 GB ) just in case you want to make sure you don't lose it.
2 minutes, hmmmm, is that because of the 16 gb? What if you were using a 64 GB High-Speed SD card? Would that give you "more time"? I'd worry that if something did happen, it recorded it, but I didn't have the presence of mind to either stop it from overwriting, or change out the card, and lose the incident. Does it have an external "trigger", telling it not to overwrite if something happens (other than the button you mentioned), like a "bump" trigger or accelerometer? Thanks- I'm wrapping my head around all of these options, and remembering the old days where the camera was connected to a secure VCR in the trunk and had to be replaced every 8 hours... LOL.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the max is 32GB. It does have a button that will freeze the last loop. I'm not sure how many loops can be stored. There are quite a few different ones out there, but it was the price and video quality that attracted me to the one I bought

RGA1215

Reaction score
2 minutes, hmmmm, is that because of the 16 gb? What if you were using a 64 GB High-Speed SD card? Would that give you "more time"? I'd worry that if something did happen, it recorded it, but I didn't have the presence of mind to either stop it from overwriting, or change out the card, and lose the incident. Does it have an external "trigger", telling it not to overwrite if something happens (other than the button you mentioned), like a "bump" trigger or accelerometer? Thanks- I'm wrapping my head around all of these options, and remembering the old days where the camera was connected to a secure VCR in the trunk and had to be replaced every 8 hours... LOL.
Mine does have a "bump sensor" so it will keep that clip if something were to happen. Also I think think you change the interval if you don't want 2 minutes. I want to say mine is at 4 minutes or something, and I have a 32GB SD card.

OP
OP
WTSHARK

WTSHARK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah, great. Still "digging", looking at several of the options posted here, and going back to some other possible options- Thanks all.

xDan

Reaction score
Resurrecting the dead post cuz someone linked it...someone might like this one, I use it as a dash cam and it's small enough that people don't see it. https://www.mobius-actioncam.com/ Mine is the original and I have a 128GB microSD in it.