Dash Cam, Mirror Cam-

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WTSHARK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been pondering putting in a dash cam, call it paranoia, common sense or a folly- I've looked at a few, but most tend to sit or mount on the dashboard, windshield and prudence would require their removal and "hiding" while parked to discourage break ins-
I would prefer to mount one that was hidden well enough and wouldn't require that type of effort. Anyone know of a system that can be mounted to the rear view mirror, or even integrated into the existing system?
My rearview mirror has Onstar buttons, "auto dim", and other options and can't be covered , and behind the mirror, the glass is painted with black film to camouflage the lane/traffic sensors and such. This limits the options of mounting to the mirror, obviously.

There are so many options out there, just thought I'd take a stab at getting some input from here, see if anyone has had any luck with (or lack of luck to be honest) with some of the options.

Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
WTSHARK

WTSHARK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks- I like that. I'll have to continue research to see if it will work, but it looks like a good option. Camouflage well I assume?

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also like the fact that it uses double sided tape instead of a suction cup. Other than the camera, you'll need a hard wire kit, add a fuse kit, and mini SD card.

I put mine so that the lens is just below the window tint at the top of the glass. You don't see it from a he outside unless you are looking for it.

RGA1215

Reaction score
I have a Street Guardian dash cam and I am pretty happy with it. It's sort of similar to the one above. It's decently well hidden to me. I've asked some friends if it's easy to see it and most say they don't even notice it. IMG_1338.JPGIMG_1339.JPGIMG_1340.JPG

OP
OP
WTSHARK

WTSHARK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These all look great, and appear as though I can mount them just to the side of the mirror mount, sensor array. And they also appear as though they'll blend right in- Thanks again for the great insights!!! :)

OP
OP
WTSHARK

WTSHARK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Street Guardian dash cam and I am pretty happy with it. It's sort of similar to the one above. It's decently well hidden to me. I've asked some friends if it's easy to see it and most say they don't even notice it. View attachment 182415View attachment 182416View attachment 182417
Looks great, video quality? Does it, basically overwrite data up to X hours and then simply record over it, unless something happens and you pull the SD card, right?

RGA1215

Reaction score
Looks great, video quality? Does it, basically overwrite data up to X hours and then simply record over it, unless something happens and you pull the SD card, right?

The video quality is pretty good, nice and clear. I believe it's 1080p HD resolution. And yes, I believe once it reaches 3 hours it will record over it, unless something happens or you pull the SD card as you said.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On mine, the memory is stored in 2 minute loops. I halos have a button that I can press in case I see something I want to save.
You can always carry an extra SD Card ( I use 16 GB ) just in case you want to make sure you don't lose it.