Dash Button No Longer Works

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ugadawgs311

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello. I have a 2007 Tahoe, and the dash button that controls the trip, fuel economy, etc. no longer works (it's just the top button to the right of the steering wheel that controls what's displayed under the odometer). The other three buttons underneath the top one work just fine, but for some reason the top button doesn't do anything when pushed. Any ideas? Thanks!

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello. I have a 2007 Tahoe, and the dash button that controls the trip, fuel economy, etc. no longer works (it's just the top button to the right of the steering wheel that controls what's displayed under the odometer). The other three buttons underneath the top one work just fine, but for some reason the top button doesn't do anything when pushed. Any ideas? Thanks!

I'm guessing you need a new switch assembly. They are around $50.

upload_2019-10-17_10-41-35.png

OP
OP
U

ugadawgs311

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This^^^^^

Sorry to revive an old thread, but does anyone have experience replacing the switch mentioned above? Is it as simple as replacing the buttons, or are there more electronic fixes required? Thanks!

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to revive an old thread, but does anyone have experience replacing the switch mentioned above? Is it as simple as replacing the buttons, or are there more electronic fixes required? Thanks!
I don't have any experience with getting a new DIC, but I don't believe there is any programming required to swap out your old DIC for a new DIC.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The switch assembly just unplugs and there are tabs that hold it in place; release the tabs and the assembly pops out. Easy.

OP
OP
U

ugadawgs311

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The switch assembly just unplugs and there are tabs that hold it in place; release the tabs and the assembly pops out. Easy.

Ok thanks. That’s good to know. Is it just the one piece of trim around the buttons that needs to come out? I always feel like I’m going to snap the trim in half when removing it...

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks. That’s good to know. Is it just the one piece of trim around the buttons that needs to come out? I always feel like I’m going to snap the trim in half when removing it...
It’s the whole piece that goes across the dash. It’s not bad to remove. Start at one end and work your way across. It helps to have a plastic trim removal tool. Something like this set from Amazon.
MICTUNING 8PCS Auto Trim Removal Tool Set for Car Audio Dash Door Panel Window Molding Fastener Remover Tool Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07917TDL6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_KfvrFbKW0ZS9T

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos