Dark Brown Paint Job - 2014 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChewieTheHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So, my used tahoe had a horrible paint job when I bought it (lots of photoshop makes it look good in photos but in real life the paint was way too heavily oxidized to be saved, even went to Adam's polishes here in Kuwait who are considered the top in the business here and they told me it's time for a new coat of paint). Having said that I bought this tahoe because everything else in it was pristine. The chassis, the gear, the engine were top notch and my garage said would be a great steal and not so expensive to repaint if you're not looking for the "factory" job.

So anyways, fast forward I took her in to paint. This is what she looked like before (with some heavy photoshop...)

IMG_9283.JPG

This is what she looked like (dirty and with much less color correction in photoshop)...

IMG_9331.JPG

And here is some stuff the paint shop sent over:

1) a video of them whilst sanding her down (don't think they finished but I kept bugging them for a video update so I can post about it haha)
2) A sample of the new shade of brown I chose

PHOTO-2021-06-27-10-13-33.jpg

I'll update this thread hopefully when I pick her up. Should be before the end of this week. Will share some more pics by then. Oh and I went matte black on the wheels, I figured since she's in for a paint job, might as well...

OP
OP
ChewieTheHoe

ChewieTheHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry admins, I've just realized I have posted this in the wrong subforum. Can someone help me figure out how to move it to the right place? Much appreciated.

OP
OP
ChewieTheHoe

ChewieTheHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
DABDA2CB-26AB-4C69-968D-A7101A3E6389.jpeg66FEC258-BBF8-4A74-9220-48A0BD2E86DF.jpeg
Paint job nearly done. Received these pics today! He’s gonna wash polish and then start on the wheels in matte black. Can’t wait to see it in person when it’s all done.

MelloYello95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They may have given you a great price but they didn't de-trim anything? Your going to have bigger issues than just oxidation soon.

OP
OP
ChewieTheHoe

ChewieTheHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They may have given you a great price but they didn't de-trim anything? Your going to have bigger issues than just oxidation soon.
Yeah, I'm aware but I don't plan on sticking to specific shades for long. I decided the savings would just go with the next time I decide to repaint. I'm planning on doing a colour change next (where I'll be spending more) probably in a year or so. I just wanted a temporary solution 1-3 years before I decide to do a colour change.

Anyways sorry for disappearing, got caught up with work and life so following up here slipped my mind. But here is the finished product :).

Attachments

• IMG_9662.JPG
    IMG_9662.JPG
    430.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_9682.JPG
    IMG_9682.JPG
    548 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_9736.JPG
    IMG_9736.JPG
    412.8 KB · Views: 6

Forum statistics

Threads