Dang Glue!! Need Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nfamous60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How's everyone enjoying the new forum?? anyhow i was looking for some visula upgrades for my trucc and decided to take the side moldings off, you kno the bulky things on the doors. and i peel the one off the door behind the driver's side, me thinking it would be like the letters i got this black ring around there like glue or sumtin.. $h1t wont come off tried rubbing it off real hard tried a blade ( on small section/ no luck) how do you get it off?:emotions122:

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NFamous -- I thought maybe it was the OLD forum that wouldn't allow you to enter a "k" at the end of "truck" -- but it looks like this forum won't, either. ;)

I don't think you want to go at that black stuff with Goo-Gone just YET. It WILL be very handy once you get most of the tape residue off, but it'll make it a mess until then.

Everyone who's taken the molding off has said that they rubber their thumbs raw getting the crap off -- but, I think that's the way to go. I just kept rolling it with my thumb (with everything really dry) until I got it off [on my '01 Vette], THEN went over the area with the Goo-Gone to get the remainder of it off.

Maybe hairdryer heat will help -- but you really need to have at it with your thumbs, I think.

/< / /2 /<

Scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to use a Dry Solvent. Goof Off is a good one that could be bought are Home Depot or Lowes. Let the solvent do the work, don't rub hard. Thats what I used when removing my emblems. Wash it off with soap and water as soon as your done. It will leave the paint looking alittle dull, but should brighten up just fine after a few coats of wax and polish.

What color truck?

4x4play

Reaction score
i would try 3M adhesive remover as well. that stuff works great . It's a;so good for a bug and tar remover.

OP
OP
Nfamous60

Nfamous60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nah i tried the hand thing wasn't working at all. i guess becuz the garage i keep my trucc at is always cold n stuff i dont kno i'll try the 3m adhesive remover. also my trucc is icy white (truck :) )i'll hit up auto zone tomorrow or sumtin. thanx everyone been good help / i'll try the remover before taking the other ones off ;)

Redline5004

Reaction score
If you have a cordless drill there is a rubber wheel available that is made specificallly for removal of the glue. You can get it at Car Quest or any parts store with paint and body supplies. Seriously cuts down on removal time amd will not damage your paint as long as you are not an animal with the drill. Finish up with some adhesive solvent the wash and wax and you'll be good to go. Looks great, although someone said mine now looks like a refridgerator on wheels!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh

Latest posts