Cylinder 5 is having a BBQ - Is this a bad PCV valve? 6.2L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh wow you really went to town on that eh? Good job!

I wasn't nearly that thorough. I used paper towel as far I could just my hand or a pair of needle nose pliers into it. I saw some larger pieces of crud fall down against the valve. I used one of those claws on a flexible stick to retrieve the stuff that fell.
Then I chickened out and left the rest of it alone lol
Next time you might try utility vac with small nozzle.

OP
OP
G

GeoffM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That's what I put on mine. Make sure you get the right one. The one you referenced is for a truck, not SUV and there is a difference, ask me how I know...LOL. Its a 15 min install.

Really? One would think 6.2 is a 6.2. What's the difference?

markni12301

Reaction score
And also Geoff, I didn't see UPR made a catch can for post-2013 SUVs. All I see is listed for trucks after 2013. Now I'm scared because of THarber comment...lol

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless I missed it somewhere....Out of curiosity how many miles on your vehicle and what year is it?

OP
OP
G

GeoffM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
And also Geoff, I didn't see UPR made a catch can for post-2013 SUVs. All I see is listed for trucks after 2013. Now I'm scared because of THarber comment...lol
My guess is the hoses aren't long enough to mount it to the firewall. I might try the Silverado one and see if I can find and alternate mount location. A different thread mentioned freezing so I'll keep it away from the front.

OP
OP
G

GeoffM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yeah... it doesn't look that bad.... I would spray the fuel treatment all in that and drive the PISS out of it on the highway for a gas tank or two
I don't mind that idea. But what if the nearest highway is 200+ miles away?

OP
OP
G

GeoffM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That UPR catch can works for 2016 Yukons. It sits a little higher than I'd prefer.
As far as I can tell there isn't any rubbing on the hood fabric area.

Perhaps they're worried about it freezing in the winter, since it is kinda far from the engine? Generally speaking I park in the garage so it doesn't get too cold. I'll have to take a look at it once it starts getting cold out.

Attachments

• catch can 1.jpg
    catch can 1.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 4
  • catch can 2.jpg
    catch can 2.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charkmapman