CV spacers vs NNBS CV axles

CV spacers vs NNBS CV axles

• CV spacers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NNBS CV axles

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
I know that after lifting the cv angles get a little wonky, and pull them out of the spindle a bit. The axles from an NNBS are a little longer and I've seen a few guys do it. It's a little more expensive than CV spacers, but I feel like the angle will be a little better with a longer axle. What do y'all think?

slow4dr

Reaction score
Without question, do the CVs if it matches your spacer width. The NNBS CVs are 1 7/8" longer than NBS CVs. I paid $65 each for mine.

I planned on going even wider so I had priced spacers and they were all just as expensive as the new axles.

Cbark2305

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking of doing a key lift with spacers in the rear. The nnbs would
Fix the problem with the cvs? Wouldn't have to worry about them binding or tearing the boot?

slow4dr

Reaction score
I've been thinking of doing a key lift with spacers in the rear. The nnbs would
Fix the problem with the cvs? Wouldn't have to worry about them binding or tearing the boot?

You can't just install the NNBS axles into an NBS. You'll either need a knuckle lift that specifically came with 1 7/8"(+/- 1/8") spacers OR longer control arms. I'm working on the latter for my Wife's Denali.

CamReynolds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even if you make the axles longer the ball joints will still be wacky

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you could purchase the upgraded knuckles and keep your balls joints together or The Tuff Country CV Axle Spacers 10805 are an inch thick ~ keeping the axles at the proper plunge depth. Just replace with capable ball joints/upper arms. For the cost of longer control arms, lift knuckles, lift kit? I think this would work for your key application. What do you guys think?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec