CV axles replacement 2002 Chev suburban LT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I dealt with lots of rust issues in Mo. but since I have been here, none at all. If I see a vehicle with surface rust it is from the coast areas.

OP
OP
Woodblocker55

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got it all put back together .:) totally different ride and rig :) Its amazing .. next New tires are next . 2002 suburban is My Brothers . Mines a 2006 Yukon XL there close same rig . My brother was in war also . I was getting his 2002 all tuned up for him . I think he was back in 71-72 . any way Now I have to replace hubs in my 2006 GMC Yukon xl 5.3 4:10 posi abs and traction control my rig has the SLT option 2 or plus package means only option its missing is Nav . otherwise it has everything . But its a rust belt Yukon so all the same rust belt issues . But Im working on it all . I will get my rig in details .. I was having password issue tonight . always something . Thanks for the tips . anything I find in Yukon XL interesting I will keep ya updated ;) I might have to buy a fly by wire modular for throttle on throttle body or I have a ground issue .

OP
OP
Woodblocker55

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow replaced driver's side bearing hub and rotor and semi metallic brake pads . I'm changing out ceramic pads they were 1/2 left but had stress cracks thru them in 3 places and rotor had a blue color to it . And grease was like running out of bearing hub on the back .. I'm thinking bearing was heating up .. they were original front bearings 180,000 miles .. I can tell by the rust on hub surface right by the CV axel it was over 1/8 inch thick and took 16 inch braker bar to brake 3 hub bolts loose.
Only changing driver side.. Steering ,ride are perfect and 4x4 noises are gone it fixed a bunch strange sounds and it coasts like big time now . Went from 19 mpg to 22 mpg on highway . After I fix passager side it will be better yet . Now After I seen all these small issues I'm going to check the rear brakes also and parking brake .

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk