Cv axle issues on lifted tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
For those of you reading this and wanting a 6" lift, go with a kit that drops your diff!
My Rough Country lift dropped my diff but I didnt like the front end lower than rear…even though that’s the stock look.

I cranked up stock keys , hence that angle. I’m good with it…truck is aligned and tracks well….

Last edited:
Reaction score
Why would the front be lower than the rear?
that's the stock stance and since the lifts keep everything stock, just lift it 6" then by definition they would keep the slight lowered front. I've heard all passenger cars and trucks have lowered front ends to improve stability (aerodynamics/drag) at high speed. That's why everyone adds leveling kits to get rid of the angled stance.

Also and most importantly I used the ride height instruction from (https://superlift.com/images/Install_Guides/2amrmYa3R3bP6X0Ne20Q_3374.pdf) Superlift's instruction manual for the 2000 - 2006 Tahoe lift on page 16. This may be ill advised since I have a Rough Country lift, but I liked their specifics, and mine is set to their 5" to 6" range for ride height, as measured per their instructions.

Reaction score
FYI for everyone interested in the Extended travel CV axle...if you look on the warranty sheet on NAPA's website you will find a phone number...google that number and you will see the manufacturer of the axle is Trakmotive...the Trakmotive axle on Rockauto for the 2008 Tahoe sells for $131...the one on NAPA sells for $330 ea...double the cost!!! I caught the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale for mine but I still paid $250 ea.

I hope you can learn from my mistake. Best of luck to us all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt