Custom tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The motor was worth it I think, it was a crate motor from chevy HT383E (high torque, emissions legal) they call it a direct replacement for the 350...it kind of is but REQUIRED a tune to bring it to life. You still use the same fuel system as stock, we just bumped it up a bit on the through put. It is about maxed now so when I cam it I will need to upgrade the fuel system. i might pick up another 15hp or so. It this wasn't my DD, it would be carbed and well very different. My dad and all his buddies are really into SCCA racing and would love to build up a nasty 383. My dad seems to be a mad scientist with motors, kind of scary to watch these guys work. they know their stuff.

Whats wrong with a 383? My future plan is a Vortec 383 :) I Mod the 5.7 (LT's, Heads (Got em), TB, Intake (Got it), and plenom spacer. When she goes just plan on re-building the bottom end.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
i`d like to ask what custom tune you did to your truck? i just got my BB 91 octane tune last month in albany ny and i love it but i`m curious to find out what i gained. i just found a place a few miles from where i live that has a mustang dyno, they charge $75 for three pulls so i may throw my stock PCM in for a pull then swap to the tuned one to see the difference.

same exact tune you got mang... i got the most agressive 91 octain tune justin could give me for a daily driver. it was the scan cable tune. I downloaded all the EFILive shit to my laptop and when i scaned pre-tune i was getting 226rwhp according to the scan cable, when i did my post tune scan i was getting 255rwhp... All in all i really couldnt be happier with Justins work, he does a nice job...

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
i`d like to ask what custom tune you did to your truck? i just got my BB 91 octane tune last month in albany ny and i love it but i`m curious to find out what i gained. i just found a place a few miles from where i live that has a mustang dyno, they charge $75 for three pulls so i may throw my stock PCM in for a pull then swap to the tuned one to see the difference.
Remember, it takes time for your PCM to "learn" itself, so switching from stock to tuned, you have to give it a few miles to get everything back up to their optimum levels.

Justin wouldn't tune my truck, too old?
All depends on your PCM. He can tune 96+.

OP
OP
bowtiefreak

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, I asked and he said he couldn't do it. Justin was however was very quick to respond, I would use him if I ever need to though. I contacted a few places and Justin and PCMforless.com got right back to me. Wheatly and waitforme never returned phone calls or e-mails so f**k them.

Response is a huge deal when it comes to a vehicle that you take pride in and enjoy greatly. So like I said I would use Black Bear in the future.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
Remember, it takes time for your PCM to "learn" itself, so switching from stock to tuned, you have to give it a few miles to get everything back up to their optimum levels.
this is interesting... i was wondering about this because when i first installed my PCM i think my truck idled better... it seems to have gotten a bit more rough... i figured the truck is compensating for something, which of course led me right back to that "leak" that we couldnt seem to fix....

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey, I asked and he said he couldn't do it. Justin was however was very quick to respond, I would use him if I ever need to though. I contacted a few places and Justin and PCMforless.com got right back to me. Wheatly and waitforme never returned phone calls or e-mails so f**k them.

Response is a huge deal when it comes to a vehicle that you take pride in and enjoy greatly. So like I said I would use Black Bear in the future.

Hmmm, that may have been before he was tuning the 96+. He had so many requests for them, so he went and got TunerCat.
this is interesting... i was wondering about this because when i first installed my PCM i think my truck idled better... it seems to have gotten a bit more rough... i figured the truck is compensating for something, which of course led me right back to that "leak" that we couldnt seem to fix....

Wouldn't be surprised.

"350Vortec"

*Tahoeless, For now*
Reaction score
could zomeone plz explin to me wh4t cuztom tune iz plz? excuze the zpelling, my keybord iz broken.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can 'look around' at others, but one REALLY gives help, right here....now that's service, you won't see from 'others'.

Why go any further, JennaBear, is 50% of Black Bear Performance...or maybe 60%....LOL :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt