Custom Size Hub Rings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Anyone know of a reputable company making custom size aluminum hub rings? Need to go from the Yukon 78.1mm hub to an odd sized 82.5mm.

I’ve seen custom polycarbonate rings which would suffice, but hoping to find aluminum.

OP
OP
Jason in DLH

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
I installed different push through center caps from Gorilla. I unfortunately can’t use my current hub rings with these new caps (didn’t take this into account).

Looks like I’ll be rollin’ lug centric wheels for the time being. The above company is 3 week wait for custom sizes.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I installed different push through center caps from Gorilla. I unfortunately can’t use my current hub rings with these new caps (didn’t take this into account).

Looks like I’ll be rollin’ lug centric wheels for the time being. The above company is 3 week wait for custom sizes.
I wouldn’t do that. Plenty of horror stories.

mb1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Conical lug nuts center the wheel, the adaptors can help but a slow methodical installation without them will be just the same.

I would actually recommend the plastic (they’re fine because they don’t do anything other than center the wheel) and the aluminum can get comfy with the hub especially if you live up north and it can be a PITA to remove down the line.

OP
OP
Jason in DLH

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Conical lug nuts center the wheel, the adaptors can help but a slow methodical installation without them will be just the same.

I would actually recommend the plastic (they’re fine because they don’t do anything other than center the wheel) and the aluminum can get comfy with the hub especially if you live up north and it can be a PITA to remove down the line.

I thankfully do have the conical that I first snug them in a star pattern, then use my shorty ratchet to further tighten them in a star pattern, then bring them to about 90 ft-lbs in a star, then to 140 ft-lbs in a star all while the truck is still jacked up (I actually put a briefcase on the brake pedal and adjust the power seat forward to lock the brakes in order to tighten the front).

My previous aluminum hub rings were aluminum and definitely stuck, but got them easily enough with a sharp wood chisel and claw hammer.

OP
OP
Jason in DLH

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Just for anyone’s info...

I contacted https://www.uswheeladapters.com/

I gave them my inner wheel dimension with push through center cap (I double checked with my fractional caliper) 106.75mm

and my hub size 78.1mm.

I wasn’t sure if I go with an in stock 106mm x 78.1mm.

They suggested going with a custom polycarbonate ring at the 106.75mm size. It’ll take about 4 weeks till it ships and cost $68.

Seems pricey, but at least my mind will be at ease that my wheel will definitely be hubcentric. I personally am not concerned about using polycarbonate as opposed to aluminum as I don’t drive fast, nor do I tow, so heat won’t be an issue for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne