Custom jumper cables

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Electrician

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted to show my custom jumper cable set-up. Anderson plug next to my Ebrake release so I don't have to pop the hood and clamp onto my battery. Just open the door and plug in like it's an obd. Pretty nifty. I can jump somebody parked behind me with a battery in the trunk. Yeah!E1B918E4-05C0-45D1-A6C1-8E57A122C420.jpeg

Attachments

• 2BAFB7E8-B5B7-4AC7-828E-8701C23E817A.jpeg
    2BAFB7E8-B5B7-4AC7-828E-8701C23E817A.jpeg
    311.3 KB · Views: 17

justchecking

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I wanted to show my custom jumper cable set-up. Anderson plug next to my Ebrake release so I don't have to pop the hood and clamp onto my battery. Just open the door and plug in like it's an obd. Pretty nifty. I can jump somebody parked behind me with a battery in the trunk. Yeah!View attachment 389857
Reminds me of the setup all the old army vehicles we drove had. That was real convenient in the cold.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a NOCO Genius that I use as a tender/maintainer and would like to do something similar but haven't figured anything out. They make a connector that has ringlets on the battery ends, but they don't fit well under our side-post connections. I bought some adapters thinking I could use them, but I couldn't make it work.

The plan was to have the hardwire connector up through the grill like @Scottydoggs mentions.

er-acc-fr45-brass-m6-to-side-terminal-adapters-set.jpg

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wanted to show my custom jumper cable set-up. Anderson plug next to my Ebrake release so I don't have to pop the hood and clamp onto my battery. Just open the door and plug in like it's an obd. Pretty nifty. I can jump somebody parked behind me with a battery in the trunk. Yeah!View attachment 389857
That is the same high amperage connector that I use to connect my second battery to the buss, if ever needed.

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
No more battery cables for me-i got this new portable jumper and im amazed at it.First tried the noco gb40,had to recharge 3-4 times a year.Why have it if its dead when you need it.Then tried this audew recomended from a freind.Wow so it sits under my 2nd row seats in the tahoe i have started 3 vehicles this winter already have not charged it and its at 70% still.This was when it was -30 out might i say.I bring it out on the water when im fishing and have used it many times out there for boats not starting. https://www.audew.com/Audew-20000mA...l-Engine-with-LCD-Power-Display-p-100058.html

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I used to have an off road rig that was built to go anywhere. It's name was BRUTUS! Anyway, I had it set up to be able to move my winch from front to rear if needed and had these hook ups for it. I have a couple of the portable jump stations too and just need to make sure they are charged up at all times.

OP
OP
Electrician

Electrician

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, the portable jump packs always sound great when you first get them. Then as days go by you tend to forget about having to charge it every now and then and it sits there next to the emergency roadside stuff in the back til the day you need it, plug it in, and all you get is crickets

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also have a portable (NOCO) and I love it and have used it to jump several cars. I've also used it to power some wireless speakers during my brother's grand daughter's birthday party - he forgot to charge them prior to bringing them to the park. Works great. As far as keeping it charged, easy enough for me - I'll plug it in to my charger on long road trips as required. Never had the charge drop to low where it wasn't useable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snackcake01