custom exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Felicia

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi! Im about to be out of warranty on my 2017 Midnight edition Z71 Tahoe, so I'm wanting to customize my exhaust. I would like it to be louder and possibly get dual tips (black of course) What are your suggestions as to what I need to get done? Brands you suggest? Thank you!!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi! Im about to be out of warranty on my 2017 Midnight edition Z71 Tahoe, so I'm wanting to customize my exhaust. I would like it to be louder and possibly get dual tips (black of course) What are your suggestions as to what I need to get done? Brands you suggest? Thank you!!

Borla is the supplier for the GM Performance Exhaust, it would be fully warranted and not void your warranty. Check out Corsa, Borla, Magnaflow for starters, they have videos on youtube and of course their customers do too.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

Carven FTW

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no catback exhaust will void your warranty. don't touch the cats, otherwise do anything you want after them.

I just swapped my muffler for a Magnaflow #13259.
http://a.co/7NcEcWl

sounds great, not terribly loud. Sounds like a V-8 and at cruise (70 mph) relatively quiet).

you need to check your exhaust pipe. each model has different pipe size based on motor and length.

Ndegoede

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I put a Flowmaster single exit exhaust on my wifes 15 Tahoe...it was a bit louder than I wanted and it was much too loud for my wife. It was supposedly the quieter exhaust on their spectrum. But it definitely was not. So I had to get rid of it. I tried to take the resonator off after I put the old exhaust back on to see if that was more like the Denali exhaust sound I was looking for and that didnt work.

We have a 17 suburban now and needless to say I haven't put anything on there...yet.

I might take Tylus' advice and just replace the muffler and get rid of the humongous muffler that comes stock

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be honest I cant remember and I cant find the order in my old emails.

It was definitely in that mild to stock range of their mufflers.

I ran their 70-series mufflers on my old Buicks and they sounded great with no drone in the cab but they were installed behind the axle whereas most guys would put the 40 series under the rear seats and then you could barely hear the radio or talk to the person next to you anymore, drone city.