CSFI to MPFI conversion identification

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2000tahoeZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea they are a PITA to get right without kinking. I have found getting them warm in front of a heater or with a hair dryer gets them a little more pliable.

99Vortec

Reaction score
My before.
2dsl9uh.jpg

And after.
1cbqf.jpg

The Plenum cover was a tight fit!!! Torque to step 1- 44 in-lbs
Torque to step 2- 88 in-lbs
(1996-2000)

105edzr.jpg

Last edited:

99Vortec

Reaction score
Thank you! I used a gunk compound and carburetor spray to clean the manifold, followed by a water rinsing, then a compressed air spray to remove the moisture.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
mine was glass beaded at an engine shop. i got it first from another member here when mine had the coolant fitting threads get chewed up upon removal of the fitting. supposed to trade parts for it I think but I don't think I ever did. have not seen him around for a long while now.
IMAG0087_zps5ddf8b78.jpg

99Vortec

Reaction score
Amazing that there does not seem to be an aftermarket intake available for our engines. I would have upgraded my manifold as well had there been one available.

So what happened with the trade, seller went first and never responded back?

This was the last new manifold I bought. (For an Olds Big Block.)

2151.jpg

Last edited:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
That is his manifold he sent me after it was cleaned I was gonna send him some spare parts after I got moving from California in late 2011 but I got tied up.

Hotrdd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Truck is now stumbling at idle what should I be looking for?

So it was finally time for me to upgrade from the old SCPI spider injector to the new MPFI and get some other work done. So on the weekend I cut out my catalytic converts and installed some new aftermarket ones and new O2 sensors, changed the oil and threw in some fresh ACDelco plugs. Then I tore into the engine and unhooked the million electrical connectors, pulled off the cover and swapped in the new MPFI injector from NAPA.

So day one everything seemed to be running better. Except I was still getting an OBDII error code that Bank 2 Sensor 1 wasn’t preheating. I swapped the two front O2 sensors from side-to-side and haven’t seen the error since. BUT around day three the engine now doesn’t want to start until I have cranked it for 10-15 seconds and runs really rough at idle. In the truck it feels horrible but when I pop the hood it’s hardly noticeable. Under acceleration it seems to be fine. Also it smells like it may be idling rich but I’m not sure how to confirm that.

What should I be looking for? At this point in the repairs I’d hate to bring it into a shop but that might be my only hope.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I'm having the hard start, initial rough idle and horrid MPGs (9.1 mpg) on the last tank driving like an old man.

I had already planned on doing the intake manifold gaskets and Summit Racing Distributor next month, so I guess I will be the perfect time to replace of the spider.

I'm also thinking of doing that Taylor Vmax intake manifold spacer (11011)..... is this worth it. I'd rather just do everything at once and be done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uuhh