Crown suspension?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Shane Wendell

Shane Wendell

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I actually just got done installing a set of sp's about and hour hour ago. when I was doing the drop kit I noticed the rear shocks had some tearing in the boots so I did the amazon thing. Now the front of my esky is sitting taller with these shocks than with the oem ones. Anybody know If these things settle down or what would cause this?

Byoung1330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually just got done installing a set of sp's about and hour hour ago. when I was doing the drop kit I noticed the rear shocks had some tearing in the boots so I did the amazon thing. Now the front of my esky is sitting taller with these shocks than with the oem ones. Anybody know If these things settle down or what would cause this?
If it has torsion bars in the front and time u Jack it up an let it back down it will sit tall and after u drive about 30 ft it will settle back down

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will do this with any sprung suspension setup. Mine ('08 with struts in the front) is almost an inch higher every time I first set it down. Rolling backward and forward about 10' brings it down some, but taking it down the road and back to hit some dips and bumps settles it down.

OP
OP
Shane Wendell

Shane Wendell

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks Fellas. I did a quick down the block trip last night and thats what had me post the question. But after running it around today it's settled back down and shes looking good again.View attachment 240063

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne